Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: the failing step is install the System

the failing step is install the System

i got this error again nd again..
    i want to install kali on my hard drive but got error on installing the system step..
    so thought okey no problem i will install it in vmware then i tried to install it in vmware..but got same error..see the screenshots..

vmware : http://www.anony.ws/i/2013/07/28/iR1Wb.png

directly on HDD : http://www.anony.ws/i/2013/07/28/O3Gn9.jpg

someone told me that the iso which i have downloded might be corrupt so downloded a new one but got same error as well as..
    plz help me to solve dis problem

kali version : 1.0
    Kali Architecture : 32 bit
    i have lenovo G570

Have you checked the SHA-1 sum on the iso and compared it to the sum on the website?

Agree to check the SHA-1 sum on the ISO. Also, have you tried the 64-bit version just for giggles? A buddy of mine has that same laptop and I recall it being a 64-bit architecture. The 32-bit version should work as well, but I'm curious to see if you get a similar error with the 64-bit install.

Same Problem here. after kali make the partitions (took 2 hours for 17% O_o) i got the same error

I had the same problem although it was installing with a guided partitioning using normal linux partition methods; /, /usr, /var, swap, /tmp, & /home partitions. It seemed rather odd to me that I would get an install fail using guided partitioning. I went manual & made sure that everything was properly formatted plus I erased any exsisting data from the partitions with the partition manager. That was last night and I gave up at some wee hour of the morning. Today I went back through the install after getting some rest & ran into the same guided partitioning problem failing at install. I ended up doing the full partition install guided & ended up with one big partition & a swap area; this is not what I prefer.

I am dual booting with win 7 pro like many others. I ran into problems initially with an install of BT 5 r3 & win 7 booting with GRUB. The disk would not be recognized for an autorun upon booting the machine. I had to manually delete the partitions in win disk management & then run a repair disk using DOS cmd to bootrec /fixmbr & bootrec /fixboot to rewrite the MBR to get the disk to autorun. It was somewhat annoying & I am sure there must be some way to get a BT 5 r3 installed GRUB to autorun a disk.

I would have kept at it figuring this problem out but I was excited to see this OS & said "hell with it for now." I prefer advice to headaches. Any info would be greatly appreciated. So far I like the OS & was actually very happy with the slick Debian installer. Thank you for switching to this kernel; I am looking forward to working with Debian much more in the future.

Hi there again,

okay i choosed the encrypted LVM ist took 8 ours to write the partition on a Lenovo X200 . After that i got the Error Installation failed . falied is: Install the system

i took a screenshot

IMG_00001138.jpg

it says "no space left on device" . cant be, becouse there are 160GB free

someone can help?

The same problem. Does anyone have help with this problem. My notebook ASUS K 51 AC. Architecture: 64 bit.

okey so this reply to all of you who suggested me to check SHA1..
    i checked that and got that the SHA1 is different from the official site but how is dis possible???

I have same issue when I have installed kali in my system.Is there any solution for that.? Is any special system configuration required for installing kali on the system..?

Quote Originally Posted by vishal sonara View Post
    okey so this reply to all of you who suggested me to check SHA1..
    i checked that and got that the SHA1 is different from the official site but how is dis possible???
    Did you download your iso from one of Kali's download links? I'd try getting a new one from there and attempting a reinstall.

@levinagill, I'm not sure what you mean by "special system configuration" for Kali. It installs like any other linux distro, if you have experience with them. Have you checked out the installation documentation?