I got Kali working on a macbook pro, hard disk install
not sure if it's going to work for everyone, I put together some info crypto posted at top-hat-sec and bofh28 posted here, and came up with this...

1- create a FAT32 partition on the osx machine, a small one just to keed the /EFI/Boot/ files (a 5MB partition is more than enough for the FAT32. I assume you will also consider having a partition with free space available to install Kali. Use the Disk Utility for this step)
2- inside the /EFI/Boot/ located on the newly created partition, put the files located on ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/rele...4/os/EFI/BOOT/ (the fonts folder is not required, and we're going to update this grub.cfg file later, for now just copy the files)
3- just to test if the partition is ready, restart your macbook and hold down the alt/option key (you should now see an "EFI Boot" option just beside your normal boot option, there's nothing to boot yet so just leave it for now)
4- burn a Kali ISO to a DVD and install it to the partition you reserved on step 1 (if you run into some problems during the grub instalation, and you are not sure about which hd the grub should be... try /dev/sda/ or /dev/sdb/. The partition we're going to install Kali will not be recognised by default, so here's the workaround I figured)
5- boot Kali from the DVD we used to install it. Once you boot from the DVD open Computer. Now take a look at the Devices list (there should be 3, your OSX, the FAT32 partition and your Kali) mount the one that says Filesystem (Kali). Once inside the Filesystem go to boot/grub/ and copy the grub.cfg file... now mount the FAT32 partition, go to EFI/Boot and paste the grub.cfg
6- open the grub.cfg file with your favorite text editor > find the lines that say "linux /boot/vmlinuz-3.7..." and "initrd /boot/initrd.img-3.7..." > change the linux to linuxefi e initrd to initrdefi > the lines (there are 4 changes to make, 2 in each menuentry) should now look like "linuxefi /boot/vmlinuz-3.7..." and "initrdefi /boot/initrd.img-3.7..."
7- restart you macbook hold the alt/option and click the EFI Boot > grub will show options > boot it! =)

if you have some experience installing backtrack this will make sense... hope you guys can understand...