PDA

View Full Version : Broken AWUS036H

Gyrth
2013-05-19, 12:21
Hello everyone,

I've been delving into the world of wps and wpa cracking with Kali for the last week or so. And it's been really fun. I've successfully cracked one wps key. But this morning suddenly mon0 stopped. Reconnecting didn't help and it doesn't turn on when I connect to another pc. The green light does not turn on anymore. And lsusb does not show the adapter. WHat is pretty funny is that if I connect it to the same usb group that my mouse uses, the mouse stopps working. I think the awus uses a lot of current (Is that correct?) and the mouse doesn't get enough juice. I used iw reg set bo and let it crack all night. I know this isn't recommended and there is a risk that it overheats or even break. So I'm not mad if it's broken. Does anyone here know what to do? Can I put it back to default mW? Or is all hope lost?

Thanks in advance!

timin770
2013-05-26, 20:03
Plug the device into another computer to see if it works there. If you are lucky and still have a good device, make sure you never plug/unplug the device without shutting down the computer or 'safely remove device'. Doing so can allegedly harm the device