PDA

View Full Version : kali + postgresql + metasploit (ARM)

zitstif
2013-04-04, 16:36
Has anyone been able to get their metasploit database up and going for fast searches under kali ARM (or any ARM linux distros for that matter)?

/etc/init.d/postgresql doesn't seem to do anything. If I remember right, I think that postgresql-9.1 was broken on ARM, but I could be wrong.

I downloaded from my i486 virtual machine the /etc/init.d/metasploit file to my ARM machine and it does nothing either. I would appreciate any words of wisdom.

HDD2
2013-06-14, 03:33
I'm using the hard float abi of kali linux on my GS4. I've tried a few things trying to get postgresql to NOT throw an error. Every time i try to install a package it throws an error, however the package does install. I wonder what the problem could be...

brav0hax
2013-06-25, 10:04
I'm using the hard float abi of kali linux on my GS4. I've tried a few things trying to get postgresql to NOT throw an error. Every time i try to install a package it throws an error, however the package does install. I wonder what the problem could be...

I've installed the Kali image on an Odroid and two Raspberry Pis without issue. The download image provided did not seem to give me any errors.

With regards to faster search/database search

Try this:
msf > db_status

You should see this (or something similar for db name):
postgresql connected to msf3

Then do this:
msf > db_rebuild_cache

You should see a message saying it is being rebuilt in the background.

This should fix the “Database not connected or cache not built” issue for faster searching