PDA

View Full Version : Kali Linux latest version installation ssd drive not detected

aali
2023-03-03, 21:33
Hi,
I tried to install kali on my 250GB SSD harddrive which has windows 10 already installed so I shrink a volume of 100GB for Kali linux, when I go to the manual partition it doesn't show my ssd but it show my 2TB sata drive and flash disk.

I deleted the volume but still no luck, I want to make a dual boot of windows 10 and Kali linux.

disabled fastboot and secure boot from bios. still no luck

your help will be much appreciated.

Fred Sheehan
2023-03-12, 18:37
In Windows, when you created some free space by shrinkling the Windows drive, in the now 'empty space' you want Kali in, format the drive to FAT32 so that Kali can see it, you can label it here too so ypu know which partition later.

If you've disabled afst boot then booting from Kali installer you should now see the disk.

Fred Sheehan
2023-03-19, 17:32
When you shrank the disk, you should have created a new partition in the empty space and formatted that new partition to FAT32 so the Kali installer can see it!

and the installer 'defaults' to using the whole disk it finds, you will need to choose manual partitioning at that stage and point it to your new partition to use.