PDA

View Full Version : Dual boot with BT5R3. Now no Xwin in kali

reversenjineer
2013-04-05, 18:25
Hello. Please excuse me if this is not the correct area to post this inquiry.

I have been following the advice of board members and trying to just stick with it, getting use to kali as a replacement to BT5R3 (see post about the removal of the pentest folder). After a week of playing around and getting the feel for it, I decided to install BT5 R3 via USB Thumb so that I could have both options.

However, after installing BT5R3, whenever I boot into kali, it no longer goes directly into the xwindows/gnome environment. Playing around with(double tapping tab, apropos'ing, locating, etc, man) variations of startx, gnome-start and x-session-manager.

If one could please kindly direct me or point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. I am curious if this is the product of not correctly setting up the partitions when I installed BT5R3.

Thank you for your time. I have found Kali linux to be a learning experience. At times it has been frustrating but it has forced me to learn more about linux so I am appreciative of the experience. Thank you again for any insight that can be shared about my issue.