PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble with Interface and Virtual box

Great
2013-04-07, 09:10
Hey Guys,
I downloaded and installed Virtual box and Kali yesterday. After spending a whole day updating it, and downloading all the software's i'll need or want on it, i realized that even though everything worked perfectly, i couldn't see my interface, chipset and driver. I deleted and remade the machine for kali with no effect so i started to look online.
I tried following the steps given here http://docs.kali.org/general-use/kali-linux-virtual-box-guest but i couldnt get past about step 2. every time i try to run the VBoxGuestAdditions i always the the same message 'unable to mount the CD/DVD' . i wasted about 90 mins on that before i realized i just **** lol.

I dont know if this is gonna help me or not with my interface problem but it'd be great if someone could help me out.

the machines usually have:
1gb ram
10mb video memory
16gb hard disk space
its network is set to a bridged adapter
all based on Linux 2.6

P.s. I'm very new to this.

sickn3ss
2013-04-08, 09:33
Which interface are you referring to ?
Also if the CD-Rom can not be mounted automatically, try mounting it manually see if that works.

Great
2013-04-08, 10:57
im referring to the interface that should show up at airmon-ng

wurmt0ngue
2013-04-08, 16:09
this is a very vague question and we really need more information here.

Are you using a usb wifi adapter, is this what is not showing when trying to set monitor mode with airmon?
if so, what is the brand and model, also the chipset if that is available.

If it is a usb wireless interface you are having trouble connecting, you need to look at the usb filter options in the settings for you virtual machine.

FYI, please give as much information as possible on your questions. A lot of the people on the forums will end up telling you to google it or learn to use linux unless you try very hard to give as much info as possible and make sure the info pertains to the issue you are having. If that makes sense, it will speed along the help as well.