PDA

View Full Version : Kali Server

Jaques
2023-06-05, 00:06
Hi

I am trying to learn how to make servers, I am starting with trying to figure out how to make an email server, and want to also make an Apache server

Does anyone have any advice? Can anyone link to a tutorial explaining how to do this on Kali?

I am seeing tools to attack servers but non to create them, I am sure I am missing something because I am sure you need to create a server before pen testing it

RahulKumarsree
2023-08-17, 11:38
Setting up your own email server can be a daunting task, but it is possible with the right knowledge and tools. Here are the basic steps involved:

Choose an operating system. You can use a Linux distribution like Ubuntu or Debian, or a Windows Server.
Install the email server software. There are many different email server software options available, such as Postfix, Exim, and Sendmail.
Configure the email server software. This involves setting up the domain name, email addresses, and other settings.
Configure your DNS records. Your DNS records need to be updated to point to your email server.
Test your email server. Once you have configured your email server, you need to test it to make sure it is working properly.