PDA

View Full Version : Kali VM crashed after Apt-Upgrade

Vm001
2023-06-09, 10:32
Hi Fellas,
Hope all are doing well and great.

My concern is that i've been using Kali from long time for minimal usage and frequently upgrading my Kali OS(all installed without any errors) but past few months i didnt perform any upgrades and this week when i did perform an upgrade via running sudo apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y , It downloaded all the packages successfully and after that started installing them but after few minutes it stopped and showed nothing but crashed and showed the error :"Oh no! Something has gone wrong.
A problem has occurred and the system can't recover. Please contact a system administrator" Please find the attached. So I tried rescue mode or Advance options for kali GNU/Linux mode by which i tried apt update it gave me unmet dependencies error and same in apt upgrade after that i tried apt --fix-missing install but no luck it throw me error processing archive python3-numpy after running apt --fix missing . Please help me to get my machine back as i can't loose the tools i've installed and do the whole process again I had space remaining in my hard drive if someone gonna say that maybe your hdd was full that's why it crashed.

Thanks.