PDA

View Full Version : SHA1 Checksums do not match

Malleovic
2013-05-22, 22:08
I have twice downloaded the amdx64 version of Kali 1.0.3 directly from the website. The SHA1 value has been the same both times, and has not matched the one presented at the download screen. It seems highly unlikely that this is random coincidence, so I am currently redownloading the iso via IE rather than Chrome to see if this corrects the issue. If it does not, I will try the torrent version. In any case, I just wanted to put this out there that there is a potential problem with direct downloads that goes beyond random error.

Malleovic
2013-05-23, 02:51
UPDATE:

Downloaded using IE, SHA1 checksum still not correct, and different from the originally incorrect one downloaded with chrome as well.

Downloaded using utorrent, and I noticed that the version that utorrent grabs is 1.0.2, not 1.0.3 as advertised. Needs to be corrected on the site. Finished downloading, and the SHA1 checksum value in the .txt file inlcuded in the torrented directory checks out with the SHA1 value of the torrented .iso.

In short, the Kali ISO download page does not seem to be providing .isos that match the SHA1 checksum value that the page itself provides. In addition, though it advertises version 1.0.3 via torrent, the actual torrented file is version 1.0.2.

These multiple issues with the download page frustrated me for a few hours, and I'm sure they've frustrated others. Please fix, and thank you guys for making an awesome distro.

charonsecurity
2013-05-24, 10:02
Here you go, this has all the correct files that you can choose from.
http://archive.kali.org/kali-images/

chroma
2016-04-18, 14:21
The sites contain different iso's and sums, it seems. thank you charonsecurity