PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Keyboard Not Working in Boot Menu - Need Help

dnroi
2023-08-17, 19:02
Hello people,

I'm facing an issue with my Bluetooth keyboard not working in the boot menu where I choose between Kali Linux and Windows. Here's what I've tried so far:

Using Bluetooth Keyboard: My Bluetooth keyboard works perfectly fine once Kali Linux is booted up, but it doesn't respond in the boot menu where I need to select the operating system.

Wired Keyboard: I've tried using a wired USB keyboard for boot menu selection, and it works flawlessly. However, I would prefer to use my Bluetooth keyboard for this purpose.

GRUB Configuration: I followed suggestions to preload Bluetooth modules in the GRUB configuration by editing /etc/default/grub and adding the bluetooth module to GRUB_PRELOAD_MODULES. This didn't seem to have any effect on the Bluetooth keyboard's behavior during boot.

BIOS/UEFI Settings: I checked my BIOS/UEFI settings for any relevant options, but I couldn't find anything related to Bluetooth initialization during boot.

Bluetooth Driver Updates: I've made sure that I have the latest Bluetooth drivers installed.

System Details: I'm running Kali Linux Version: 2023.3 (Kali GNU/Linux Rolling) on an HP Omen laptop

Despite trying the above steps, my Bluetooth keyboard still doesn't respond in the boot menu. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar issue and if there are any additional solutions I can try.
Thank you.