PDA

View Full Version : Websploit wifi/wifi_dos is not working!

xxyxxyxx
2013-05-23, 23:51
Hi everyone.

When I try to run the wifi/wifi_dos module in websploit I got this error:

Monitor Mod .... Enabled.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/websploit", line 147, in <module>
start()
File "/usr/bin/websploit", line 145, in start
main()
File "/usr/bin/websploit", line 119, in main
main()
File "/usr/bin/websploit", line 115, in main
wifi_dos.wifi_dos()
File "/usr/share/websploit/modules/wifi_dos.py", line 68, in wifi_dos
wifi_dos()
File "/usr/share/websploit/modules/wifi_dos.py", line 27, in wifi_dos
wifi_dos()
File "/usr/share/websploit/modules/wifi_dos.py", line 31, in wifi_dos
wifi_dos()
File "/usr/share/websploit/modules/wifi_dos.py", line 76, in wifi_dos
os.chdir("temp")
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'temp'

I removed and re-installed websploit, but it keeps on displaying the same error message.

Any help would not hurt :)

Cheers.

benobi
2013-05-24, 08:40
Hi!

You need to create the 'temp' folder in the websploit directory.
# mkdir /usr/share/websploit/temp

Hope that helps. :)

xxyxxyxx
2013-05-24, 10:48
I created "temp"... I still got this error :

start()
File "/usr/bin/websploit", line 145, in start
main()
File "/usr/bin/websploit", line 115, in main
wifi_dos.wifi_dos()
File "/usr/share/websploit/modules/wifi_dos.py", line 68, in wifi_dos
wifi_dos()
File "/usr/share/websploit/modules/wifi_dos.py", line 27, in wifi_dos
wifi_dos()
File "/usr/share/websploit/modules/wifi_dos.py", line 31, in wifi_dos
wifi_dos()
File "/usr/share/websploit/modules/wifi_dos.py", line 76, in wifi_dos
os.chdir("temp")

benobi
2013-05-24, 12:14
Hi,

Pardon me, btw, 'temp' should be created at the Home directory. That's the root's "Home" directory.
# mkdir /root/temp && touch /root/temp/blacklist

:P

xxyxxyxx
2013-05-24, 13:18
Worked like a charm ! Thanks a lot ;)

benobi
2013-05-25, 21:24
Hi,

While we're still on the subject, the problem when executing the websploit's "wifi/wifi_dos" module is somehow related with the working directory. The websploit executable file located at /usr/bin/websploit when executed will prompt the users to the root directory i.e. /root, as the application's working directory.
# To check your current working directory. Execute "os pwd" in the Websploit Framework.

wsf > os pwd
/root

The Problem:
This poses a problem when using the "wifi/wifi_dos" module located at /usr/share/websploit/modules/wifi_dos.py, since the script itself are instructed to change its directory to 'temp' [line 76, os.chdir("temp") of wifi_dos.py] which neither wasn't in the /usr/share/websploit directory nor does it in our current directory i.e. /root, hence resulted the following errors when running the script:

start()
os.chdir("temp")

Suggested Solutions:
# There are several ways to resolve this issue. First, create 'temp' in /root directory

mkdir /root/temp
This will work just fine but there's a downside to this solution. Whenever the users update their Websploit Framework, it forces the update to fetch the new 'core', 'modules' and 'websploit' files to the current directory and thus making /root directory populated with these new files rather than patching it to the correct path i.e. /usr/share/websploit for 'core' & 'modulse', and /usr/bin/websploit for 'websploit'. Although this can be done manually e.g. copying and pasting the new files to the right path or patching it with any file comparison tools. This can be tricky for some and there's a risk of breaking the program if it's done incorrectly. FYI, the new update comes with 1 new additional module called bluetooth/bluetooth_pod which means there are total of 17 modules available as oppose to 16 modules for the current update.

# To fix the flaw mentioned in the first solution. Start simply by creating 'temp' in /usr/share/websploit directory;

mkdir /usr/share/websploit/temp
Then, initiate the framework at the target path i.e. /usr/share/websploit, the users can either navigate manually to the path every time the users want to execute the application or create a bash script for the following command:

cd /usr/share/ && websploit
# Alternatively, we can also make some modification to the executable 'websploit' file at /usr/bin/websploit. Before proceed, backup the file first. For example:

cp /usr/bin/websploit /usr/bin/websploit.backup
# To edit the 'websploit', use any of your preferred text editor. Open the file at /usr/bin/websploit and scroll to line 36, insert the following code, save and exit.

os.chdir("/usr/share/websploit/")
# Reference text to edit 'websploit'.

35 import sys
36 sys.path.append("/usr/share/websploit/")
37 os.chdir("/usr/share/websploit/") # Insert here
38 from time import sleep
If you follow the latter solution, try execute 'websploit' in root direcotry and then check the current working directory with "os pwd" inside the Websploit Framework. If done correctly, the command should return the targeted path that's "/usr/share/websploit". Update the framework by passing the "update" to get the latest patch.

__ __ _ _ _ _
\ \ / / | | | | (_) |
\ \ /\ / /__| |__ ___ _ __ | | ___ _| |_
\ \/ \/ / _ \ '_ \/ __| '_ \| |/ _ \| | __|
\ /\ / __/ |_) \__ \ |_) | | (_) | | |_
\/ \/ \___|_.__/|___/ .__/|_|\___/|_|\__|
| |
|_|

--=[WebSploit FrameWork
+---**---==[Version :2.0.3
+---**---==

wsf > os pwd
/usr/share/websploit
wsf > os ls
core modules temp

Okay, now that we've solved the working directory problems. I will now proceed to discuss on a minor problem when running the "wifi/wifi_dos" module. The framework is build to provide an automated way of running certain tools and in our case, a tool called "mdk3". Running the module is pretty much straight-forward and since this is not in the "how-to-" thread I will assume you guys know your way to reproduce the following error.

Methodology:
In brief, we will run the wifi/wifi_dos module, then stop, and re-run it again.To reproduce this error assuming all the required options have been properly setup, perform the following:

# Before run, check the current working directory
[CODE]wsf:Wifi_Dos > os pwd
/usr/share/websploit
# Run the module

wsf:Wifi_Dos > run
BlackList File .... Created.
Deauthentication - Dissasocition Attack .... Started.
Authentication DOS Attack .... Started.
Wifi Jamming Attack .... Started.
WIFI DOS Attack Has Been Started ...

# While still running, check the current working directory

wsf:Wifi_Dos > os pwd
/usr/share/websploit/temp
# Stop the module & check the working directory

wsf:Wifi_Dos > stop
Notice the problem here, the module stopped but it doesn't leave the assigned path ("/usr/share/websploit/temp") when we first run the module. If we proceed to re-run. This produces the same error as mentioned earlier in this post.
# Re-run the module will produce the following error.

Okay, to fix this problem. We will just have to make a minor change to the "wifi_dos.py" script located at /usr/share/websploit/modules/wifi_dos.py. As always before we proceed, make a backup copy first.
# Example:

cp /usr/share/websploit/modules/wifi_dos.py /usr/share/websploit/modules/wifi_dos.py.backup
# Then, edit the "wifi_dos.py" with your preferred text editor. Scroll down to line 99 and insert the following code without the comment. Refer the reference text.

os.chdir(os.pardir) # This method will change the current working directory back to the parent directory i.e. /usr/share/websploit/
# Reference text

96 elif com[0:4] =='stop':
97 subprocess.Popen("killall aireplay", stdout=subprocess.PIPE, stderr=subprocess.PIPE, shell=True).wait()
98 subprocess.Popen("killall mdk3", stdout=subprocess.PIPE, stderr=subprocess.PIPE, shell=True).wait()
99 subprocess.Popen("killall xterm", stdout=subprocess.PIPE, stderr=subprocess.PIPE, shell=True).wait()
100 os.chdir(os.pardir)
101 wifi_dos()

Done with that, we can proceed to repeat the procedure earlier to test if its return error.
# Run websploit & check the working directory

wsf > os pwd
/usr/share/websploit
# Set the module and configure the required options and run the module

# Check the working directory while the module is running

# Stop the module and again check the working directory

/usr/share/websploit
# Since the module when prompted to stop & return to its parent directory. We now can run and re-run the module incessantly without error. :P

/usr/share/websploit

Last not least, all the mentioned above is just sorta "Suggested Solutions". You may want to proceed at your own risk. :P

SheliaVerdusco
2014-06-13, 06:39
As you know that the mobile phone signal jammer can cut off the signals of the mobile phones and soon make it impossible to make phone calls or send messages. In this way when you need the peaceful condition and want to stay in it, you can just use the best mobile phone jammer to help you achieve your goal. And now as the technology develops with high speed the advanced 4G jammer has come into the market and are well welcomed by the group of people who need the gsm-jammer product.