PDA

View Full Version : HD 3000 Graphics

Hits_S
2013-03-15, 11:05
Hello, I'm with the version of Gnome arm64 kali-1 running on an Acer Aspire S3 Ultrabook
Problems come to lower the screen brightness, lacking the necessary driver is not possible and also screen resolution is weak

That is what show the lspci | grep VGA

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09)

With BackTrack 5 KDE 64bit install and got it working by adding the following.

add-apt-repository ppa:glasen/intel-driver

and brightness work, but in kali linux this line show the error

bash: add-apt-repository: command not found

The glsxgears works, the glxinfo | grep direct show direct rendering: Yes

I tI tried unsuccessfully to add repositories debian, my sources.list show :

# deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 7.0 _kali_ - Official Snapshot amd64 LIVE/INSTALL Binary 20130311-1956]/ Kali contrib main non-free
# Security updates
deb http://security.kali.org/kali-security kali/updates main contrib non-free

I'm not sure have complete sources.list file, any help will be welcome and if you add a sample of your sources.list to see if everything is ok, thank you very much.
regards

Gr4nD T3R0R
2013-03-16, 16:10
check this bro it might be usefull http://sir-nixon.blogspot.be/2012/05/instalando-debian-6-amd64-bit-con-intel.html
if worked tell me ))
thanks

GNOM
2013-03-17, 04:44
first do this:
apt-get install python-software-properties
and after install add-apt-repository should work

Hits_S
2013-03-17, 22:53
After doing this

first do this:
apt-get install python-software-properties
and after install add-apt-repository should work
and this...

check this bro it might be usefull http://sir-nixon.blogspot.be/2012/05...con-intel.html
if worked tell me ))
thanks

Following the steps this is what shows the command

~#dpkg -l | grep glx
ii libgl1-mesa-glx:amd64 8.0.5-3 amd64 free implementation of the OpenGL API -- GLX rintime
ii libxxcb-glz0:amd64 1.8.1-2 amd64 X C Binding, glx extension

rather than it should show if it had been successful

dpkg -l | grep video-intel
ii xserver-xorg-video-intel 2:2.19.0-6 X.Org X server -- Intel i8xx, i9xx display driver

Seems to work or installed, but still can not lower the screen brightness, so do not think this is all right
Any more suggestions?
Thanks for the support

bofh28
2013-03-21, 00:26
I have the HD3000 in an HP computer and kali worked right out of the box. However when I used BT5R3 I did have to follow the instructions you mentioned for X to use the proper driver. With kali everything is newer and supports the HD3000 without problems for me.

Hits_S
2013-03-21, 16:17
my friend does not work, just have to look at the transparency of the terminal, if these drivers would work not only could see the wallpaper in the terminal, and also the windows were open terminals behind the terminal in the foreground.
This is for instance, obviously the system functionality for penetration testing remains excellent.
But thanks for answering. Try to apply the solutions to Debian or try the 32-bit system if no other suggestions.

corvus
2013-06-11, 18:38
I have the same problem on a HP g4-1363la, I have tried to install the offical intel linux drivers but it has a dependency problem so I tried to reduce brigthness with the command line but my /sys/class/backlight its an empty directory. Please help!