PDA

View Full Version : 3 PROBLMS With Kali Linux.

D.D.
2013-05-24, 16:20
I have been running K/Linux from V 1.0 manged to fully update it last night.
However from the start ,even before I installed it on the hard-drive I get Black Screen Of Death by clicking on the Ice-weasel Icon this will crash the system 100% of the time.
So will going into the internet settings. Going into System Settings gives me a 60% chance of the Screen Crashing in the same way.
When i got into system settings & set up regular account and installed Chrome which seams to run fine.
Last night downloaded K/L 1.3 Same problems,

2. My favorite Tool is WIFITE
I have downloaded both 32/64 bit even other peoples.KDE Versions might have been cannonsecuritys but same error ./wifite.py No Such File or Directory.
I realize it might be New User Error but after weeks trying .I need help ?

3.Where is Easy-Creds my Number 2

As everything works fine in Back-Track R3

Any help appreciated. P.S. how long will I be able apt-get update Back-track R3

kimad
2013-10-28, 03:44
hello
same problem here

./wifite.py No Such File or Directory

any help

blackMORE
2013-10-28, 16:05
I have been running K/Linux from V 1.0 manged to fully update it last night.
However from the start ,even before I installed it on the hard-drive I get Black Screen Of Death by clicking on the Ice-weasel Icon this will crash the system 100% of the time.
So will going into the internet settings. Going into System Settings gives me a 60% chance of the Screen Crashing in the same way.
When i got into system settings & set up regular account and installed Chrome which seams to run fine.
Last night downloaded K/L 1.3 Same problems,

2. My favorite Tool is WIFITE
I have downloaded both 32/64 bit even other peoples.KDE Versions might have been cannonsecuritys but same error ./wifite.py No Such File or Directory.
I realize it might be New User Error but after weeks trying .I need help ?

3.Where is Easy-Creds my Number 2

As everything works fine in Back-Track R3

Any help appreciated. P.S. how long will I be able apt-get update Back-track R3

Let me answer your queries one a time ..

1. It seems to be bug with IceWeasel- if you try to delete or move pre-bookmarked items, Kali crashes for few users.
Fix: Open bookmark manager and delete or re-arrange bookmarks from there.
If your problem is different to this, walk the community through so that we can able to reproduce it.

Internet-Settings and System Settings crash is due to KDE, Gnome/MATE/LXDE/XFCE worked fine so far. See here (http://www.blackmoreops.com/2013/10/11/how-to-installremove-different-desktop-environment-or-window-manager-in-kali-linux-1-x/)

2. For Wifite just wifite is fine. Kali is FHS complaint. See here (http://docs.kali.org/introduction/what-is-kali-linux).. that means your don't need to type in wifitie.py or cd into /pentest folder. You can run anything from anywhere.

3. Look into /usr/share/ for all applications(mostly) Also find/which/dpkg is your friend ... if it doesn't exists in your system at all, go to https://github.com/brav0hax/easy-creds and you should know the rest.

And no, BT is not coming back, no more apt-get update, nada.

It's long gone and no more packages will be tested on that officially by Offensive Security as far I am aware. Kali replaces BT and it's way better in every possible way I've tested.

Hope this answers all your questions. Enjoy.

maverik35
2013-10-29, 20:10
Good thing pentesting moved on to Debian..Excellent thing, could not be better.

FOr me, Iceweasel runs just fine..If you have any issues, uninstall it and reinstall it. I do not see the problem.

What keeps my attention and I have to ask: How are you installing Kali? How did you partitioned hdd in case you are installing on hdd?..It seems to me like a filesystem issue.

Dear friends, use the locate command:
locate wifite

It will throw you all paths where wifite is located. Look for the wifite.py

Luck.