PDA

View Full Version : OpenVAS-6 Startup script.

AfterBurn
2013-06-03, 14:33
I noticed that one thing that was lacking from the Kali Linux version of OpenVAS-6 was a start up option to start the services etc for you. So, I took it upon myself to write a quick bash script available HERE (http://learnnetsec.blogspot.com/p/downloads.html) with a video explanation on how to use it, and a first look. The script also automatically updates the 3 repositories for Vulnerabilities.

Be sure to checkout my youtube channel for other Kali Linux Tutorials. All are spoken, and easy to understand. Search Youtube for NetSecNow:cool:

Enjoy the script and videos! New videos every week.

reaperz73
2013-06-04, 05:42
Nice short sweet and simple, works great.

AfterBurn
2013-06-07, 00:24
Thanks a lot! I have been busy, trying to release new videos every week, via NetSecNow on youtube. I am in the process of writing a few scripts for ToR/Proxy chains, etc. Just did a video on that setup today, as well as yesterday I did a video on Metasploit + Armitage setup, config and use.

R.3volv3.R
2013-06-12, 06:42
make user added get admin role , just type on terminal ::
openvasad --enable-modify-settings -c set_role -u yourUser -r Admin

socal93
2013-07-07, 22:52
Nice video bro, Keep making them. I keep getting this ssl connection error after I start the services. It worked flawlessly the first time.... I used the commands from the Backtrack Wiki to start the services.

Im using google chrome, I saved the certificate the first time, but i dont see the cert in my list , I tried it with Ice Weasel and it was a no go to.

This is the error

Unable to make a secure connection to the server. This may be a problem with the server, or it may be requiring a client authentication certificate that you don't have.
Error code: ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR