PDA

View Full Version : How to reset (GRUB) startup screen/menu, if installed DualBoot?...

Hyperion
2013-06-06, 21:54
Hey dudes and girlz, i am in a sort of trouble...
i have this new laptop, and wished to dualboot on it...

it went awsome in the beginning, but i wished the old windows back...

i followed the current dualboot install instructions found on kali main website with tutorials.

now instead of uninstall this, or, i am not even sure if that is what i was doing right, but while i was inside windows OS system (Windows 7 Ultimate (64)), i deleted the partition used for the Kali OS to start up, just to get my space back basicly... all went well, untill i wanted to reboot...

now when i start up, coz i hoped the GRUP Startup Boot Menu would disappear and go back to normal, im getting following message:

Failure loading GRUP menu (or something like that...)

(under that line you can then type rescue commands as it is saying...)

now, im not sure if all is lost, coz i know the windows is still in there, i basicly just need to turn the GRUB menu OFF...

now, i still have the CD, if i was able to BOOT LIVE from that cd (TO KALI OS), and gain acces to the windows folder, the question i now need answer on is, how can i reset the **** Startup Boot GRUP Menu/Screen?...

i just wish it back to normal, so if anyone could guide me through it, it would be AWSOME! :)...

-thanks ALOT if anyone could help out! :D...
-Hyperion

l1nc0n4t0r
2013-06-16, 13:34
i dont think you should be asking this here since this isnt a problem with kali but with the grub ......
anyway take a look at http://sourceforge.net/projects/boot-repair/
and http://sourceforge.net/projects/linux-secure/
or the windows bootrec command

Felice S. Catus
2013-07-13, 23:08
yea, just insert bootable usb with windows installer(if using windows) thn use command

bootrec.exe /fixmbr

Hyperion
2013-12-08, 14:36
Sorry for late reply, i have been working ALOT with homework lately and schools. But im back now! And fixed the problem! Thanks for the answers both of you anyways! :)