PDA

View Full Version : Terminal Ctrl + Alt + T. I miss it. How to make keyboard shortcuts.

vailixi
2013-06-07, 19:06
One of the first things I noticed when I trying out Kali is the normal shotcut keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Alt + T for opening terminal window aren't set by default. Were can I set these? I'm not sure I'm looking for keybindings or hot keys or shortcuts. I looked for it on meta search. Maybe this is Linux n00b question but I've never had a need to set hot keys before.

Anybody done this recently? Command line history? Sreen shot? :cool:

kinchan
2013-06-09, 17:19
if you run gnome versiojust go to > application > system tools > preference > system parameter > keyboard > shortcut > custom shortcut. add name and command (like "gnome-terminal") and click on the new line, when it's blue, do the shortcut Ctrl + alt +T. done!
if you like BT5 desktop, try to install mate-desktop. maybe you like it :)

Backtrack Dragon
2013-06-21, 05:06
I like kali desktop but What is mate-desktop ?

kinchan
2013-07-05, 21:37
mate is a "gnome 2" like desktop, it's was used in backtrack 5.

harry1993
2016-06-18, 03:28
One of the first things I noticed when I trying out Kali is the normal shotcut keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Alt + T for opening terminal window aren't set by default. Were can I set these? I'm not sure I'm looking for keybindings or hot keys or shortcuts. I looked for it on meta search. Maybe this is Linux n00b question but I've never had a need to set hot keys before.

check this below link out and you will get your answer
http://www.hacking-tutorial.com/tips-and-trick/how-to-create-keyboard-shortcuts-on-kali-linux/#sthash.p5RC2RAq.LZ4GVxpX.dpbs

kartaba
2016-09-21, 05:13
i don't see "system tools", there are "system services". but no preferences inside. how to complete the task?

Tweak42
2016-09-24, 06:46
i don't see "system tools", there are "system services". but no preferences inside. how to complete the task?

Using the latest Kali rolling release on gnome desktop, I found it under the Keyboard applet.

There are several ways to get there, this is just one:

Hit Super (win key), just start typing "settings" and the app should show on the search list.
Launch settings should open "All Settings" window. Listed under Hardware section is Keyboard.
Launch Keyboard applet and scroll to the bottom, there should be a '+' symbol to add custom shortcuts.

capricorn
2016-09-30, 13:47
I also have the same problem up here I am using kali linux 2016.1 added custom shortcut as mentioned above but not working

cschuck320
2016-11-21, 16:24
Using the latest Kali rolling release on gnome desktop, I found it under the Keyboard applet.

There are several ways to get there, this is just one:

Hit Super (win key), just start typing "settings" and the app should show on the search list.
Launch settings should open "All Settings" window. Listed under Hardware section is Keyboard.
Launch Keyboard applet and scroll to the bottom, there should be a '+' symbol to add custom shortcuts.

Just to add to this.. when the "Set Custom Shortcut" screen appears, name it whatever you want (probably "Terminal"). The command is "gnome-terminal" without the quotes. Then click on "Set Shortcut". Just press CTRL + ALT + T and close the window.

majsterfun
2017-11-10, 11:05

Just push and hold WIN button and then press key from 1 to 9. Each of these are shortcuts that we see from left sidebar (from up to down). No problem :)

Ana71
2018-01-14, 16:47
if you run gnome versiojust go to > application > system tools > preference > system parameter > keyboard > shortcut > custom shortcut. add name and command (like "gnome-terminal") and click on the new line, when it's blue, do the shortcut Ctrl + alt +T. done!
if you like BT5 desktop, try to install mate-desktop. maybe you like it :)

Thanks, it works :)