PDA

View Full Version : rMBP install

acib708
2013-04-11, 04:16
Hello all,
I'm trying to get Kali on a retina macbook. I tried the normal .iso download, checked SHA1 sums everything, booted, went to live and everything works perfectly, but when I try to install the program tells me there is no CD/ROM, which well, there actually isn't. The installation then fails because some files can't be loaded. I've tried choosing the cdrom location manually by pointing it to /dev/sdb1 which is the USB drive where all the installation files are, but it still fails, network can't work either since it asks me for non-free drivers, specifically b43/ucode29_mimo.fw I tried downloading a firmware package from Debian and putting it in another USB drive, but no luck. Any help? Thank you for your time,

Alex.

sam
2013-06-21, 09:07
Hi Alex,

Sorry that I can't offer you any answers.. But I was wondering if you could give me some guidance on the installation process for the rMBP.. I have managed to create a working bootable USB thumb drive that works with the EFI. However, I am unsure about how to work the installation process. Mainly, where should I install GRUB and how should I lay out the partitions?

Thanks
Sam

charonsecurity
2013-06-21, 10:21
try looking at this post it might be able to answer your question: http://forums.kali.org/showthread.php?271-How-to-EFI-install-Kali-Linux