PDA

View Full Version : How do I make my wireless device ignore deauthentication attacks?

vailixi
2013-06-20, 20:25
My question is there a way to make my wireless device not respond to a deauthentication requests?

I understand what a deathentication attack is and what it is used for. One of the kids down the street is running a persistant deauthentication attack against clients on my wireless network. I've been monitoring this activity for a few hours now. I'm amused by this activity but I'm also very annoyed. :cool:

I haven't ran ethernet in my house yet. So I'm kinda stuck using the wireless for now.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

shaberu
2013-06-21, 06:19
lower the signal on your router untill he/she cant reach it. or find out who is doing it and shove there laptop up there but:)

aerokid240
2013-06-21, 16:41
I don't believe that there is a current solution. Deauth frames are part of normal router/ap to wireless client communications and is defined somewhere in the 802.11 rfc.
I can only think of having some modified wifi drivers on your wireless card that will somehow ignore the deauth request. I haven't stumbled across such a solution though.

Dark Terror
2013-06-23, 12:19
You can figure out where the signal is coming from and then knock on his door.

But if you don't want to do that... I think the best solution to everything is to just wire it up.

atomixgray
2013-06-24, 19:16
fight fire with fire... deauth works both ways :)

schwermie
2013-06-27, 06:26
Deauth frames are part of management frames which are always unencrypted. So there is no current solution. aerokid240 is totally correct in his reply.
As i'm correct there will be a new standard on its way, which will encrypt management frames as well. Lets investigate this when more info becomes available.

(If you know where it comes from, and he/she has an external antenna, just put a needle in the coax cable. It works great.)

DizX
2013-06-27, 19:08
i might be wrong, but if i remember correctly you can use static mac addresses for your clients and then block any dynamic addresses from trying to authorize, but if u have alot of devices this isnt really recommended due to overhead.

leevai
2013-07-06, 21:56
Theres a lot you can do.
Use Lan cableif possible to connect to your acces point. If not... hide your ssid ( modem config) and create a twin with airbase so he sends the deauth to the twin and get a hard to crack wpa2 password cause i'm guessing the deauth's are used to get your handshake.
You could also bring his network down with dos attack wich is more agressively.
U can deauth him and force him to connect to an evil twin of his own essid.. Just be creative
However keep in mind you are never save but neither is he and you should find him easy.
Backtrack 5 wireless penetration testing is a good book. I dont know if theres also kali penetration testing but it should in the feature. Greetz

verarow
2014-02-10, 07:05
With the spread of the electronic products,the paper made products have been replaced gradually.The collection of stamps or any other paper made things can be sensible.However the electronic products also have two sides.They can also make people annoyed with the noise pollution.Then to block the signals people choose the RF Jammer (http://www.jammerfromchina.com/categories/Remote_Control_Jammers/) to help to create quiet conditions.

soxrok2212
2014-02-11, 00:14
You could try just picking up a wired router or turning the wireless off and then use power line kits such as these. (http://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/powerline/XAVB5602.aspx#tab-techspecs) As far as I believe, they transmit through your power lines but you can place them anywhere in your house. Have a look here (http://computer.howstuffworks.com/power-network1.htm) to read more about how they work.

As for stoping the attacks, your best bet is to find out who is deauthing you and fire back deauths at them. You can't block the attacks because management frames are NOT encrypted. Deauths being management frames means you can't stop it. Good luck!

brazen
2014-02-11, 12:02
How do you determine who is doing it?

SelenaBreman
2014-05-22, 05:57
Cell phone jammer is an electronic device that blocks the transmission of signals between the cell phone and its nearby base station. By using the same frequency as the cell phones, the cell jammers creates strong interference to the communication between the caller and the receiver. It is efficient in blocking the transmission of signals from the phone networks, including UMTS, 3G, CDMA, GSM and PHS.