PDA

View Full Version : Error came on 1st boot of Kali Linux on VirtualBox

salman.ali.geek
2013-07-01, 16:58
I am using Ubuntu 12.04 as a host. I have just installed Kali Linux on Virtualbox, but this error came on 1st boot of Kali Linux on VirtualBox.

brav0hax
2013-07-01, 22:30
I am using Ubuntu 12.04 as a host. I have just installed Kali Linux on Virtualbox, but this error came on 1st boot of Kali Linux on VirtualBox.

Looks to me like you didn't give it enough disk space.

Please read this post: http://forums.kali.org/showthread.php?74-Installing-Kali-Linux-as-a-Virtual-Machine-in-Virtual-Box

Also, there are many other VBox posts, please search the forums before posting.

Best Regards,
Eric

salman.ali.geek
2013-07-02, 05:51
I have given 13 GB Hard Disk Space and 512 MB RAM

compuwar
2013-07-02, 20:35
Use Vmware, Kali is not built properly to use Vbox.

Ignore this "advice." Kali runs fine in Virtual Box. I've got three instances running on two machines at the moment and it functions fine. I'd give it both more disk space and more memory though, no matter which VE you're using. There's also really not a way to "build" a Linux distro for a particular virutal environment when talking about generic VEs. try booting with 2G of memory before you mess with the virtual disk.

schwermie
2013-07-02, 21:38
If Kali was not able to run properly, then there wouldn't be an official document.

http://docs.kali.org/general-use/kali-linux-virtual-box-guest

I think compuwar is correct, there are no special builds for virtual environments.

daedalus1776
2013-07-02, 23:42
Kali runs fine in Virtual Box. I've got three instances running on two machines at the moment and it functions fine. I'd give it both more disk space and more memory though, no matter which VE you're using. There's also really not a way to "build" a Linux distro for a particular virutal environment when talking about generic VEs. try booting with 2G of memory before you mess with the virtual disk.

+1 This is the advice you want to listen to salman.ali.geek