PDA

View Full Version : Aircrack-ng not reading wordlist from external hard drive

ndex477
2013-07-16, 15:45
Hello all. My issue is that I have saved all required info. to a my capture file and started my dictionary attack with Aircrack-ng. Used one word list from my Desktop and it worked fine but when i attached my external hard drive(Seagate Expansion Drive) I get a "No such file or directory error"

My original command line entry was Aircrack-ng -w /media/Expansion Drive/Folder of Word List/Word List.txt Name of capture file.ivs.

While doing research before this post, i read that maybe i'm supposed to mount the Expansion Drive first. Please can someone help with this. Thanks

root-boy
2013-07-17, 12:09
Spaces in the path of your wordlist may cause a problem. try to rename your folders/files to not include spaces. For example change "Expansion Drive" to "Expansion-Drive".

system_crash
2013-07-17, 12:15
Hello all. My issue is that I have saved all required info. to a my capture file and started my dictionary attack with Aircrack-ng. Used one word list from my Desktop and it worked fine but when i attached my external hard drive(Seagate Expansion Drive) I get a "No such file or directory error"

My original command line entry was Aircrack-ng -w /media/Expansion Drive/Folder of Word List/Word List.txt Name of capture file.ivs.

While doing research before this post, i read that maybe i'm supposed to mount the Expansion Drive first. Please can someone help with this. Thanks

Try to add quotes when you enter path to wordlist: Aircrack-ng -w "/media/Expansion Drive/Folder of Word List/Word List.txt" Name of capture file.ivs.

rastamouse
2013-07-17, 21:53
if quotes don't work, try the old \
/media/Expansion Drive/Folder\ of\ Word\ List/Word\ List.txt

root-boy
2013-07-18, 07:04
if quotes don't work, try the old \
/media/Expansion Drive/Folder\ of\ Word\ List/Word\ List.txt

Yes this should work.

leevai
2013-07-18, 21:43
I noticed with large wordlists (+fewGb's) on my computer that you don't see the words its running. The screen sometimes stays black untill the wordlist is finished.
Also try to avoid filenames with spaces in it. This causes errors.
Have you tried to copy the file to your root map and run aircrack-ng (Hshake) -w (wordlist)