PDA

View Full Version : Kail wont run on samsung s4

blade20034
2013-08-18, 08:23
Hey guys i am running samsung galxy s4 Gt-9505 android 4.2.2 kernal version 3.4.0-768421
I installed linux deploy to install linux kali and i get this error making new disk image 8000 ...fail i have ROOTED the phone and try different combinations but no luck any help will be awesome.

blade20034
2013-08-18, 12:21
Its all good guys i flashed the rom to the new 4.3 google edtion seem to fix it

johnjohnsp1
2013-12-18, 01:42
Its all good guys i flashed the rom to the new 4.3 google edtion seem to fix it

Hello,

i have the same problem, rooted the phone while at android 4.2.2 and getting the same problem when mounting partitions,
but also i cannot upgrade via software to android main os from update menu since phone is now rooted.

how did you solve it ?

Thanks

ph4nt0m
2014-01-21, 11:53
hi
kali run fine on my s4mini but the screen resolution seems not to be the one that is setup by default. so it display very little so if some one have the same probleme plz let me know
thx by advance...

ps: if u know how to install the kali tools let me know it. thx

monroeiii
2014-03-12, 04:14
Hello:

I have the same problems with installing Kali Linux on a Samsung Galaxy S4 rooted my Version is 4.3 upgraded with Verizon software from 4.2.2 and my Kernel is 3.4.0 I have tried the Linux Deploy method mentioned in Kali Documentation and Complete Linux Installer. My only suggestions so far are changing the ROM also. But this did not work for me. I am also a member of LinuxforAndroid S4 testers on Google + because I really would like to get this going - but I do not want to convert my total phone space to Kali Linux; I would like to keep my Android apps and other phone use as well. If anyone comes up with any complete answers I would be grateful - good luck to you. Log file with complete Linux Installer is below I tried to edit the bootscript.sh file to change a parameter - the suggestion was to change the file system type from ext2 to ext3 or ext4 - saw this suggestion on the web did not work for me either.

Log file:

u0_a295@jfltevzw:/ $
sdcard/kali <
u0_a295@jfltevzw:/sdcard/kali $ su
sh /data/data/com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid/files/bootscript.sh /sdcard/kali/kalilinux.ext4.img
sh /data/data/com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid/files/bootscript.sh /sdcard/kali/kalilinux.ext4.img
root@jfltevzw:/storage/emulate/kalilinux.ext4.img <
/data/data/com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid/files/bootscript.sh[39]: dirname: not found
MD5 file found, use to check .img file? (y/n)
y
Validating image checksum... OK
Checking loop device... MISSING
Creating loop device... mknod: /dev/block/loop255: Operation not permitted
FAILED
Error: Unable to create loop device!
1|root@jfltevzw:/storage/emulated/legacy/kali #

Cheers and good luck to all :)

Sorry is took me a while to get back to you - we had an emergency tonight thanks for your quick response

Monroe

steev
2014-03-12, 14:40
Hello:

I have the same problems with installing Kali Linux on a Samsung Galaxy S4 rooted my Version is 4.3 upgraded with Verizon software from 4.2.2 and my Kernel is 3.4.0 I have tried the Linux Deploy method mentioned in Kali Documentation and Complete Linux Installer. My only suggestions so far are changing the ROM also. But this did not work for me. I am also a member of LinuxforAndroid S4 testers on Google + because I really would like to get this going - but I do not want to convert my total phone space to Kali Linux; I would like to keep my Android apps and other phone use as well. If anyone comes up with any complete answers I would be grateful - good luck to you. Attached are my error log files.

Cheers and good luck to all :)
Monroe

Could you re-attach this? I'm not sure why, but all I get is a very unreadable thumbnail. Keep in mind that the "disk image 8000" means that it's attempting to create an image that is 8GB in size, so if you do not have 8GB of free space, that WILL FAIL.

lionking8600
2014-05-19, 08:46
hi guys

all i see are questions did anyone fix this problem or at least find a solution im using an s5 and its not working at all.