PDA

View Full Version : how to install the driver cuda 5.5 whit dependencies and pyrit

Devil_D
2013-08-30, 10:46
Hello! After many attempts I found a way to install the drivers Cuda 5.5 with all dependencies and pyrit + cpyrit I hope to be of help to all those who have had the same problem
Here is my solution:
step 1. Install Kali linux Kernel headers

aptitude update && aptitude install -y linux-headers-$(uname -r)
step 2. Install Cuda dependencies

aptitude install libpcap-dev python2.7-dev libcr-dev mpich2 mpich2-doc libglu1-mesa-dev libglu1-mesa libglui-dev libxmu-dev libxi-dev build-essential binutils gcc-4.6 g++-4.6 freeglut3-dev libx11-dev libgl1-mesa-glx
step 3. Download last Nvidia Cuda driver whit official site here
https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-downloads
I preferred to download drivers for Ubuntu 10.04 32bit(i have kali 32 bit)
step.4 Give permissions to the script running nvidia (valid command if discharged in the root directory)

chmod 755 cuda_5.5.22_linux_32.run
step 5. Blacklist Nouveau Driver update grub and reboot system

sed 's/quiet/quiet nouveau.modeset=0/g' -i /etc/default/grub

update-grub

reboot
step 5 edit file xorg.conf (it is for nvidia geforce gt 630)
open leafpad and copy and paste this,where necessary re-edit according to your screen, or graphics card

Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier "Layout0"
Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

# generated from default
Identifier "Mouse0"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "auto"
Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
Option "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

# generated from default
Identifier "Keyboard0"
Driver "kbd"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "Monitor0"
VendorName "Unknown"
ModelName "CRT-1"
HorizSync 30.0 - 80.0 #if you need to change the parameters for your main domain display
VertRefresh 55.0 - 75.0 #if you need to change the parameters for your main domain display
Option "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Device"
Identifier "Device0"
Driver "nvidia"
VendorName "NVIDIA Corporation"
BoardName "GeForce GT 630" #if you need to change the parameters for your card
EndSection

Section "Module"
Load "glx"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Screen0"
Device "Device0"
Monitor "Monitor0"
DefaultDepth 24
SubSection "Display"
Depth 24
EndSubSection
EndSection

save the file in the root folder with name calling xorg.conf
step 6 Install cuda
first stop gdm

service gdm3 stop
second press ctrl+alt+f1 on keyboard and re-login in the system
third run nvidia script

sh cuda_5.5.22_linux_32.run
accept the eula accept the installation etc and install in the default folder
fourth at the end of the installation copy the file xorg.conf first edited in the folder etc/X11 /

cp xorg.conf /etc/X11/
reboot system

reboot
step 7 setting cuda for install pyrit
create symbolic links in for the correct installation of pyrit
first create symbolic link cuda folders in /opt
ln -s /usr/local/cuda /opt
second create symbolic link to nvcc /usr/bin

ln -s /usr/local/cuda-5.5/bin/nvcc /usr/bin/
try if it works nvcc

nvcc -V
step 8 download pyrit and cpyrit

wget http://pyrit.googlecode.com/files/pyrit-0.4.0.tar.gz

wget http://pyrit.googlecode.com/files/cpyrit-cuda-0.4.0.tar.gz
step9 extract, and install pyrit and cpirit-cuda

tar -xvzf pyrit-0.4.0.tar.gz

tar -xvzf cpyrit-cuda-0.4.0.tar.gz

cd /root/cpyrit-cuda-0.4.0

python setup.py build

python setup.py install

cd /root/pyrit-0.4.0

python setup.py build

python setup.py install
try if it works pyrit

pyrit list_cores
enjoy
free and open is good :)
P.S. this is my configuration and works well are the features of my pc processor intel pentium 4 3.5 ghz 8gb ram nvidia geforce gt 630 video card (msi) I hope my guida can be of help sorry for the English I translated it on google :)

theshadowbox11
2013-09-29, 21:54
thanks this worked and my card is showing up along with my other 8 cores.

but now when i want to run the "service gdm3 start" command, it says "Failed!" so I cant get into the gui part anymore. How do i fix it??

Devil_D
2013-10-01, 11:49
thanks this worked and my card is showing up along with my other 8 cores.

but now when i want to run the "service gdm3 start" command, it says "Failed!" so I cant get into the gui part anymore. How do i fix it??
try

service gdm3 restart
if not work try this stop gdm3

service gdm3 stop
delete xorg.conf

rm /etc/X11/xorg.conf
run nvidia xconfig

nvidia-xconfig
and restrat gdm

service gdm3 restart
go in nvidia settings if necessari and edit screen preference
if you post your (new generated xorg.conf and your characteristics of the graphics card I can write the xorg.conf file customized to your pc) :)

keyla
2013-10-20, 21:37
how to fix this error ? :
" You do not appear to be using the NVIDIA X driver. Please edit your X configuration file (just run `nvidia-xconfig` as root), and restart the X server "

Castor_Troy
2013-11-04, 07:30
I have a similar issue. In the nvidia settings I do not appear to be using the nvidia driver, just run nvidia-xconfig as root and reboot. The problem is every time I try I end up having to delete my /etc/X11/xorg.conf to get my gui back.
When I run lsmod | grep nvidia I get this :root@kali:~# lsmod | grep nvidia
nvidia 9384498 12
i2c_core 24042 7 drm,i915,i2c_i801,drm_kms_helper,i2c_algo_bit,nvid ia,videodev

Pyrit and Cuda are working!!. But I still cannot successfully start my gui with a working xorg.conf file Any suggestions?

Castor_Troy
2013-11-04, 07:31
I have a similar issue. In the nvidia settings I do not appear to be using the nvidia driver, just run nvidia-xconfig as root and reboot. The problem is every time I try I end up having to delete my /etc/X11/xorg.conf to get my gui back.
nvidia 9384498 12

Pyrit and Cuda are working!!. But I still cannot successfully start my gui with a working xorg.conf file Any suggestions?

Devil_D
2013-11-04, 20:32
nvidia 9384498 12

try to download and install the latest beta nvidia drivers.
But if you tell me what video card you can help more then I wanted to ask you also have an integrated video card in your PC?

Castor_Troy
2013-11-10, 00:20
I'm using a dell xps l702x with intel/nvidia gt555m. Something went wrong with my last install I posted about. Funny thing is that was gnome desktop. I just re installed kde version and same thing happened. I do not have an xorg.conf file. Pyrit is working and I successfully built all cuda samples. The only reason I would need an xorg.conf would be for me to use compiz.(cool but not necessary)

Devil_D
2013-11-10, 16:12
I'm using a dell xps l702x with intel/nvidia gt555m. Something went wrong with my last install I posted about. Funny thing is that was gnome desktop. I just re installed kde version and same thing happened. I do not have an xorg.conf file. Pyrit is working and I successfully built all cuda samples. The only reason I would need an xorg.conf would be for me to use compiz.(cool but not necessary)

I think your problem is given by the default video driver in the package cuda. If I'm not mistaken your video card should belong to the optimus (and it seems to me that there is some incompatibility issue) try to download and install the latest updated video driver, cuda package will continue to operate do not worry, and try to give xorg-conf otherwise you should try installing bamblebee (try the latest drivers if you have problems please contact me and I see to help you find a solution)