PDA

View Full Version : Installing on Kindle Fire HD

blazin69
2013-09-09, 00:04
I was wondering if it was possible to install this on my kindle fire hd 7in 16gb. I have rooted and have a second bootloader and stuff but don't know if I would be able to install Kali, has anyone else tried this?

fl3xu5
2013-09-09, 07:25
IMHO, you're able to install Kali using the same way with installing Kali Linux on the other ARM device. And make sure the disk space and memory size are compatible.

Later if I've the kindle fire HD I will try to install Kali linux on it.

blazin69
2013-09-12, 00:52
Yea I might give it a go, Im not really good at anything linux so I thought someone else here had given it a go before and had some pointers or troubleshooting info but maybe sometime this weekend I'll give it a go and flash it.

IMHO, you're able to install Kali using the same way with installing Kali Linux on the other ARM device. And make sure the disk space and memory size are compatible.

Later if I've the kindle fire HD I will try to install Kali linux on it.

blazin6969
2013-10-11, 23:09
Anyone else give this a go yet going to do it this weekend I guess and be a a test subject lol. Will post back with more info

blacklight25
2014-03-11, 15:33
Did any one every give this a shot?

steev
2014-03-11, 21:20
Did any one every give this a shot?

I don't have one myself, so I haven't given it a shot. What will probably be easiest to do, is look and see if anyone has installed Debian on it, since Kali is based on Debian.

blacklight25
2014-03-12, 14:52
well i think I'm going to give this a shot, i had an old thread here about installing Kali on my Zune HD but that wasn't worth the risk of bricking the device. i use Kali so much in school it would be extremely convenient

I'm defiantly willing to give it a shot if anyone is willing to provide me a little guidance through out the project, I've never modded a mobile device aside from jail breaking a few iPhone 3's a few years ago. i wont need anyone to hold my hand, just help me get started and answer a few questions throughout the install.

debolbot
2014-10-08, 23:42
Any luck I have a Kindle Fire HD 6 the 6" small kindles I want to install Kali and use the HID to automate fixing computers at our shop.

Hopefully there is a distro I would love to try it out.

Thanks

Sincerely,
Debolbot