PDA

View Full Version : Lenovo G580 WiFi problem.

dass
2013-09-13, 23:26
Hi to everyone! I have a Lenovo G580 laptop that runs smoothly with Windows 8, but ever since I installed Kali my wifi will not work properly. During the installation itself, when I had to choose the driver for my ethernet card, I chose the suitable one, but it still couldn't detect the hardware, so I skipped this step and finished the installation. I did a lot of reading and apparently my model of laptop has a big problem with its wifi on pretty much any distro of Linux. I am currently tripplebooting Windows 8/ Ubuntu 13.04/Kali and only Windows 8 has normal wifi. Ubuntu and Kali are both running smoothly and no other problems than the wifi. I tried several solutions but nothing seems to work. So here is my chipset so that I hope anyone of you can help me resolve the wifi issue: Broadcom 4313 network adapter 802.11n and Qualcomm Artheos AR8162 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30). If you need more info, please let me know and of course how to obtain it. Thanks!

Quest
2013-09-19, 01:51
Hi dass,

Not really the answer to your question, but I couldn't help to suggest you a USB Wifi adapter. Pretty much standard equipment anyway and your Wifi problems will be solved for 20$. Do a search for suitable USB adapters according to your needs and what you will use it for.