PDA

View Full Version : installation with incrypeted disk

Lancha
2013-10-17, 20:57
i try install the kali in live but when i make reboot say welcome to the grup and i can´t change how s.o i want start
i used the kali 1.5 32 bits
my computer is pentium 4 3.0ghz
2 gb of memory and i have 2 internal disk and externel
i install in externel disk
i want install with dual boot with ubuntu 13.04
but i want install with full incrypted disk in externel disk
can someone help-me

cL1kz0r
2013-10-18, 01:32
Could you please be more specific and use proper grammar ? :) What I understood was that you want to install Kali on an external HDD/USB HDD and encrypt/hide it.

The process is very simple. You will need USB/HDD Storage of at the minimalistic-least 8GB , This is here we install the OS.

Second - a DVD or another usb with atleast 4GB storage , this is from where you will install Kali.

Start up normally and on disk selection choose your USB/External HDD. And follow installation instructions.

4th - Encryption can be done of entire disk either with the inbuilt LVM option that you will get during install or using TrueCrypt program, hiding an OS guide available at their homepage..

Lancha
2013-10-18, 16:05
i install my kali using this guide http://docs.kali.org/installation/kali-linux-encrypted-disk-install
in live mode
i using a DVD to install it
one disk have the ubuntu 13.10 and externel i install the kali
i have install the ubuntu again becouse the grub only say welcome but can´t chose what s.o i want chose
i only want hide the kali
can someone help-me
hardware of computer
motherboard Albatron PX865 PE PRO 2
can someone help-me