PDA

View Full Version : trunk is gone and now i get -1

br0k3ngl@55
2014-01-07, 12:30
hi everyone,
i have been working with kali 1.0.5 for a while now, and was satisfied with it. until it stop working. then after few hours coding, debuging and a lot a og headache, i cam to conclusion that i need to change kernel to 3.12 which was fine . but as you aleady guessed, there was a price to pay:( i am using alfa usb-wireless card with rtl8187l chip inside. unfortuanately i am getting mon0 -1 mode every time i am using aircrack-ng suite. now the question is how to make the new kernel work with rtl firmware?:confused:
i tried downloading the compat-wireless for the kernel but wasn't able to make them work. i did the regulare steps[code] make && make install [/]
it claims that drivers are installed
Your backported driver modules should be installed now. but i can't find them anywhere. ls mod doesn't shows any new drivers or something alike.:confused:
the "firmware-rtl" is installed and rtl mods are loaded but i am still getting mon0 -1 :confused:
any suggestions and direct answer will be appritiated.
thanks

br0k3ngl@55
2014-01-15, 19:09
[SOLVED]
after along search and discoveries, philsmd from hashcat group and i found the way to solve the issue. the soultion of leaving 3.7-trunk-kernel and new drivers for newer version of hashcat goes like this:
you need to find the version.h file and change the value of LINUX_VERSION_CODE to be 198402. after the drivers should compile automatically without any patches.