PDA

View Full Version : impossible to install video drivers nvidia and cuda in Kali pae i686 1.0.6

Devil_D
2014-01-14, 16:07
Hello everyone,
two days that I try to install the nvidia video driver but the installation fails:confused:, tells me that it is impossible to configure dkms I also tried with the cuda package and it says it can not find the kernel even if I try to define the directory manually can someone help me solve this problem??
I state that the system has just been installed, I followed the standard procedure of installation I tried three different video driver getting the same error, I disabled nouveau, I installed the linux-headers-3.12-trunk-686-pae
I thank anyone who can give me a hand

Devil_D
2014-01-18, 11:24
Hello everyone,
two days that I try to install the nvidia video driver but the installation fails:confused:, tells me that it is impossible to configure dkms I also tried with the cuda package and it says it can not find the kernel even if I try to define the directory manually can someone help me solve this problem??
I state that the system has just been installed, I followed the standard procedure of installation I tried three different video driver getting the same error, I disabled nouveau, I installed the linux-headers-3.12-trunk-686-pae
I thank anyone who can give me a hand
problem solved by installing the latest drivers nvidia from wheezy-backports repos this is my guide https://forums.kali.org/showthread.php?20006-How-to-install-Nvidia-driver-on-Kali-1-0-6and-solve-ERROR-Unable-to-build-the-Unifin&p=30487#post30487

copykon
2014-04-27, 07:39
This worked for me. I don't remember where I found this or I would link it.

aptitude install nvidia-xconfig
nvidia-xconfig
aptitude -r install linux-headers-$(uname -r)
aptitude install nvidia-kernel-dkms
nvidia-xconfig

tokmo
2014-06-08, 08:36
This worked for me. I don't remember where I found this or I would link it.

nvidia-xconfig
aptitude -r install linux-headers-$(uname -r)
aptitude install nvidia-kernel-dkms
nvidia-xconfig

Thanks! This worked for me.
Though I don't understand why the install nvidia-xconfig was done twice.