PDA

View Full Version : Converting bootable partition on usb from iso9660 to fat32

bcall28
2014-02-26, 19:40
I've been trying different things that I have found on the forums and haven't been able to complete my task. I have a 16gb usb drive (PNY) that I'm using for a live usb, I have been using out with persistence added but run into trouble after performing updates through apt-get. The device keeps running out of room but when I look it still has plenty of room on the persistent partition, over 6gb.

I'm using kali 1.0.6 32 bit (Gnome)

I have tried writing the iso to the drive using both methods suggested on the Kali documentation page and they both create a bootable drive but I run into this problem with both methods. I have also tried creating the partitions myself and using cp to move the os to the fat32 partition I created on the drive and then tried to install grub2 to the flash drive, per a thread I found on the forums, and I couldn't get the files moved over or grub installed.

I know I am probably missing some useful information but I'm writing this on a break at work. If there is anyone that understands what I'm trying to achieve, please steer me in the right direction.