PDA

View Full Version : still no external wireless driver support for gt n8000 img

Halcyon
2014-02-28, 17:19
Well its been well over a year and 6 major updates have been made and still no support for wificards sigh. All and I mean all kali images have wireless card support except for the gt n8000 sigh. Fml.

No love for the galaxy note?

steev
2014-02-28, 17:39
We can only support what we have. I have no way of adding an external wifi dongle to my device to even remotely consider testing it. How do you connect an external wifi card?

steev
2014-02-28, 17:56
Out of curiosity, how do you connect an external wifi card to your Galaxy Note? Mine does not have a cable, for plugging in an external device. I haven't added the support because I have no way of testing it here. I am still working on getting the script written that will build the image itself, so that you would be able to create your own image if you choose, but I keep hitting a few issues. The good news is, it WILL get done, the bad news is, I only have so many hours in a day to work on everything.

Halcyon
2014-03-03, 15:42
hi steev. its very easy. get the samsung udb connection kit its black and rectangular its usually advertised for galaxy tabs bur works fine on the note.

another thing though you have to plug it in before booting to kali. and by plug it in I mean both the otg adapter(usb connection kit) and the external card (mine is an awuso36h) plug the wifi card to the usb adapter and plug it to the note before booting to native kali install otherwise the install freezes you cant remove it either cause it will freeze the install too

Halcyon
2014-03-03, 15:43
Out of curiosity, how do you connect an external wifi card to your Galaxy Note? Mine does not have a cable, for plugging in an external device. I haven't added the support because I have no way of testing it here. I am still working on getting the script written that will build the image itself, so that you would be able to create your own image if you choose, but I keep hitting a few issues. The good news is, it WILL get done, the bad news is, I only have so many hours in a day to work on everything.

hi steev. its very easy. get the samsung usb connection kit its black and rectangular its usually advertised for galaxy tabs bur works fine on the note.

another thing though you have to plug it in before booting to kali. and by plug it in I mean both the otg adapter(usb connection kit) and the external card (mine is an awuso36h) plug the wifi card to the usb adapter and plug it to the note before booting to native kali install otherwise the install freezes you cant remove it either cause it will freeze the install toohttps://forums.kali.org/editpost.php?p=32068&do=editpost