PDA

View Full Version : Asus N76VZ Smart Gestures touchpad.

sapersky
2014-04-20, 21:37
Hi I've recently installed Kali 1.0.6 with minimum instlation supported with network connection. I have a couple of questions, let me start with this:

Despite my touchpad is working (left and right buttons are working, side scrolling too) I would like to know what I have to do to enable smart gestures function on it?
I mostly miss two fingers scrolling and tapping touchpad working as left mouse click. I was looking over the web for answers but couldn't find anything, seems like most people having no problems with it.I guess i should head over xorg configurations, perhaps someone with experience could help.

My laptop is Asus N76VZ.

Cheers.

Jasim
2014-04-26, 02:59
Hi I've recently installed Kali 1.0.6 with minimum instlation supported with network connection. I have a couple of questions, let me start with this:

Despite my touchpad is working (left and right buttons are working, side scrolling too) I would like to know what I have to do to enable smart gestures function on it?
I mostly miss two fingers scrolling and tapping touchpad working as left mouse click. I was looking over the web for answers but couldn't find anything, seems like most people having no problems with it.I guess i should head over xorg configurations, perhaps someone with experience could help.

My laptop is Asus N76VZ.

Cheers.

I've been having related problems. I finally got the two finger scrolling to work, but it feels 'reversed' for me and I'm still looking for a solution to that. To get the two finger scrolling I found the following...

Originally posted by: muffinman
Originally posted in thread: https://forums.kali.org/showthread.php?1215-kali-post-install-alienware-m14x-r1

Go to Applications >> System Tools >> Add/Remove Software (package manager)
You want to search and install a package called 'synaptik'

Once you've done that, go into Applications >> System Tools >> Preferences >> System Settings
Find the 'Mouse and Touchpad' icon and select it. Here you should notice a new tab has arrived called touchpad whereas previously there was only 'Mouse'.

Select the options you need for 'Enable mouse clicks with touchpad' and 'Two finger scrolling'

If anyone knows a way to reverse the two finger scrolling, please let me know. I know it sounds trivial, but it's really problematic for me, especially when speed matters. Thanks!