PDA

View Full Version : airodump-ng does not receive beacons frame

newbe777
2014-05-21, 09:33
Hi,
i'm trying to use airodump-ng on my raspberry 512 model b, but i can't see beacons frame from AP.
I'm seat near the AP (less than 1 meter).
Running this command i see AP in the list, but beacons counter does not increment (more precisely it increment at step of 1 unit/minute):

airmon-ng start wlan0
airodump-ng --ignore-negative mon0 -c 6

I'm using latest Kali with TP-LINK TL-WN722N usb wifi dongle.
Anyone have the same problem?

thanks in advice

newbe777
2014-05-23, 07:57
Hi,
i'm trying to use airodump-ng on my raspberry 512 model b, but i can't see beacons frame from AP.
I'm seat near the AP (less than 1 meter).
Running this command i see AP in the list, but beacons counter does not increment (more precisely it increment at step of 1 unit/minute):

airmon-ng start wlan0
airodump-ng --ignore-negative mon0 -c 6

I'm using latest Kali with TP-LINK TL-WN722N usb wifi dongle.
Anyone have the same problem?

thanks in advice

Hi,
i've tried to connect the usb dongle to a powered hub, but with the same result... no ack sent/received with aireplay-ng and zero beacon frames seen with airodump-ng.
I also run other tests using three different wifi adapter (with other chipset).
Internet connection and other "classic" features works perfectly.

repzeroworld
2014-05-24, 18:26
Hi,
i've tried to connect the usb dongle to a powered hub, but with the same result... no ack sent/received with aireplay-ng and zero beacon frames seen with airodump-ng.
I also run other tests using three different wifi adapter (with other chipset).
Internet connection and other "classic" features works perfectly.

hmmm.....have you tried bringing down wlan0 after you enable mon0?...contemporary drivers does not allow you to use wlan0 at the same time using monitor interfaces...i suppose also you can drop the "--ignore-negative-one" option in your command line after you bring down wlan0 :D

Kagemaru
2014-05-24, 21:06
i also use TP-LINK TL-WN722N but everything is going well :o