PDA

View Full Version : Installed Kali1.0.8 on Macbook Air but have no wireless connection.

KebabCenter
2014-07-23, 23:30
Hi !

I just bought a Macbook air 11" and decided to install Kali 1.0.8 on it as a dual boot. Everything went smoothly but when the installation finished , I had no internet connection. In the top right hand side it says "No network devices available".
When I type "iwconfig" in the console I get this:
lo no wireless extensions
And when I type "lspci" I can see this :
03:00.0 Network controller : Broadcom Corporation Device 43a0 (rev 03)
Is there a way to fix this so that I can get my wireless card working on Kali ?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated ! ;)

yodontbugme
2014-08-31, 06:48
I'm having the same problem. My macbook air uses the broadcom chipset, and kali linux has the bc43 module associated with it, but upon booting the card is still not being recognized. Anyone have a solution available?

EDIT: I have a linux server at my place, so i live booted a persistent instance of kali, ran apt-get update, apt-get upgrade, apt-get dkms, and then was able to download bcmwl-kernel-source_6.30.223.141 and install that. Moved the USB pendrive to my macbook air, booted it up, and boom, wireless worked.

If your intent is wireless pen testing, then the MBA is pretty much useless unless you get an external wireless adapter.

Winston
2015-04-25, 23:16
I'm having the same problem. My macbook air uses the broadcom chipset, and kali linux has the bc43 module associated with it, but upon booting the card is still not being recognized. Anyone have a solution available?

EDIT: I have a linux server at my place, so i live booted a persistent instance of kali, ran apt-get update, apt-get upgrade, apt-get dkms, and then was able to download bcmwl-kernel-source_6.30.223.141 and install that. Moved the USB pendrive to my macbook air, booted it up, and boom, wireless worked.

If your intent is wireless pen testing, then the MBA is pretty much useless unless you get an external wireless adapter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply: how did you get it to work?