PDA

View Full Version : Kali Raspberry B+

arezius
2014-07-26, 15:49
Hi!

I just bought a raspberry B+ and i want to give a try to kali with it.

But nothing works, I even try with updated bootcode.ini and start.elf but still nothing.

Someone have an idea?

mirek
2014-07-30, 12:23
Hello arezius,
I have a same problem that Kali not works with Raspberry B+. I have tried at least 4 different approach, but without success..

I have reported it as a bug ID 1612, but it was deleted without any comment (Maybe I did something wrong - I have suggested to add note under raspberry image that Kali not work at B+ model yet).

Let us know if you figure out something.

cheers

calmkingfu
2014-08-03, 19:48
Hi,

I also reported this issue ID1606 and was informed that they have not released an image for the B+ yet.

Looking at the serial output of the B+ my guess is one of the issues is the change from LAN9512 to the LAN9514 chip for network and USB. Because of this it boots with no USB or Ethernet making it impossible to interact with.
If this is the case I think a new kernel module will have to be added.

This is a busy time so it's probably not going to have an update at least until after Vegas

i8igmac
2014-08-13, 03:46
I'm looking to purchase one of these Raspberry Pi b+ in a few days.

has there been any progress? Or any plans on fixing this?

g0tmi1k
2014-08-13, 08:45
I'm looking to purchase one of these Raspberry Pi b+ in a few days.

has there been any progress? Or any plans on fixing this?
Theres a beta build that the devs are working on. Still has a few bugs in it.
There will be an updated version on the homepage, once its ready (and Im sure it will be tweeted about too).

i8igmac
2014-08-23, 05:35
https://gist.github.com/MikeyJck/e0baf8977dfbf2c2fd67

This instructions have worked, boot and now at the login screen but no usb devices work...

I can't login...

So can some one help me with starting a netcat demean. If I can mount the sd card on my labtop, can I add a entery on a already existing startup script (execution privileges already set) nc -l

Or enable ssh to start?

g0tmi1k
2014-08-25, 18:57
Since the release of Kali Linux 1.0.9, Raspberry Pi B+ now works out of the box.

RASBERRY PI B+ ARM IMAGE SUPPORT

We are pleased to announce that we have updated our Raspberry Pi Kali image to support the new B+ model so that now it works out of the box. This single image now supports all Raspberry Pi models.

Source: http://www.kali.org/news/kali-tools-website-launched-1-0-9-released/

weisi94
2015-03-02, 12:48
Hi guys,

I'm not able to get the USB and Ethernet ports working on Kali Linux 1.0.9 built for the Raspberry Pi on my Raspberry Pi B+.

USB and Ethernet ports works fine with all other operating system, E.g. NOOBS.

It boots up fine to the login screen prompting for user name, however I'm not able to provide any input as the USB ports are not working. SSH is not possible too since the Ethernet port is also not working.
Basically, I can't get any input into my Kali on the Raspberry Pi.

Please help! I have to get it up and running by tomorrow. Really desperate here.

swaromik
2015-03-03, 09:48
HI guys,
any one know how to install kali on sd .. i tried windiskImage , dd , but still n0t able to install in sd card
- in windiskimage after the process done my sd card is not able to open and showing format option :(
anyone know how to install ??
please replay im woking on this from last 6 hr