PDA

View Full Version : Constantly receiving disassociation packets from AP

Xcellerator
2014-08-31, 11:05
Really starting to tear my hair out over this one..

I've got Kali Linux 1.0.9 installed successfully on a Samsung N210 netbook. lsusb returns my wireless card as being a Realtek RTL8192E/RTL8192SE. The driver in use is rtl819xE according to airmon-ng. Now here's the problem, I can scan for wireless networks just fine, but cannot connect to anything.

My home network is WPA2 secured and connecting through the native kali wireless tool just asks again and again for the network key and unless I manually remove the network entry it keep on popping up asking for the password repeatedly even if I don't exit the first one. Dmesg shows that I actually successfully associate but then is get two "RX: IEEE802.1X EAPOL frame!" then "dis associate packet!".

I also tried using WICD instead which also fails, but dmesg now has four entries of
"IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): wlan0: link is not ready".

I've got perfect network connection by running an Ethernet lead to the laptop and I've updated everything through apt-get. I cannot connect to open APs either, the exact same thing happens with both programs.

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Quest
2014-09-02, 14:21
though I do not have a clue, I did have something similar happen.

- is your "wifi card" builtin or a USB(it is USB I presume, as lusb is for USB devices)?
- are you using a USB extension and/or hub?
- did it do the same under previous version of Kali/other OS?
- did you try other wifi adapters?

Xcellerator
2014-09-02, 17:13
Hi, thanks for your reply.

1. I get exactly the same thing with both the built in card and three different USB adapters.
2. Nope, for all three of the USBs they're plugged straight in.
3. Everything worked just fine in 1.0.6, then I had to lend it someone so out Windows on it. I just reinstalled Kali the other day.
4. See points 1. and 2.

Xcellerator
2014-09-08, 20:33
Alright, a bit more information:

I wiped and reinstalled Kali Linux 1.0.6. While on 1.0.6 everything worked fine - I was able to connect to any AP I liked just fine. BUT, then I updated (apt-get upgrade && apt-get dist-upgrade) to get everything up to speed, and the problem reared its head again. Exactly the same as before, I can't connect to any AP (dmesg shows that I receive a disassociation packet) but Ethernet works just fine.

I should point out that even over Ethernet, DHCP doesn't seem to be working automatically, I have to issue "dhclient eth0" before I actually get a connection, but other than that, it works just fine - network discovery and internet access, etc..