PDA

View Full Version : What ROM should i use as base ?

BeNe
2014-09-23, 21:30
Hi there,

many thanks for NetHunter!

One question:
What ROM should i use as base on my Nexus 7 LTE (deb)?

In the tutorial is everything perfectly described about the NetHunter installation on an new Nexus devices (default Android ROM).
My device was already rooted and i use MultiRom to switch between some different Roms. I was unable to boot NetHunter after the installation.
Used a Mookee Rom as base - maybe not the best/right choice ?! Had some glitches during the boot.
On binky's earlier build i used a OmniRom as base with the ElementalX Kernel mod.

Thanks & Greez
BeNe

binkybear
2014-09-23, 21:47
BeNe old friend,

All of our testing was done on stock factory images of Kitkat 4.4.4. The kernels that are being distributed are for AOSP (stock) so if you do plan on using a custom ROM you will have to build your own CM based kernel.

That being said, I had good luck with Purity and Dirty Unicorns on the Nexus 5, although it was missing a browser. I won't recommend a certain ROM as I don't want to confuse people, but if you are are comfortable with flashing I would recommend those.

I've heard reports that MultiRom works well for some people also. Talk to you soon BeNe!

Al3xG
2014-09-24, 15:26
Binky, you made a big jump from pwnpad forum! Nethunter really looks amazing! Congrats! ;)

However, sorry for the OT :) Later I'll report my try with Purity ROM as base into my N7 2012...

manitou
2014-09-24, 21:17
I install on my Nexus 7 flo (multirom , second) ClenROM 3.7.0 (4.4.4.) . tomorow i will try some of usb wifi cards .
Thx blinkybear !

BeNe
2014-09-25, 05:22
binkybear - it is so good to hear from you ;)

The kernels that are being distributed are for AOSP (stock
That was the reason. I used AOKP. Got it. NetHunter is up and running with MultiRom.
I´m going to test now.

Thanks for all your work!

photonicgeek
2014-09-25, 05:30
If it helps, I've tested it with Paranoid Android beta and OmniROM nightlies and haven't had issues. OmniROM seems to be a little bit faster (barely)

xychix
2014-09-25, 07:01
BeNe,exactly what I want. Can you link me the rom?
I wanted stock in a MultiBoot but the image provided isn'nt ment for a multiboot install (.tgz with install scripts instead of .zip with image).

(nexus 7 2013 wifi in my case)

xychix
2014-09-25, 07:08
BeNe, can you link the ROM you've used in multiboot (Originela roms are .tgz files with install scripts. I guess I'll need a .zip with the image in it for multiboot / twrp)

xychix
2014-09-25, 07:23
I've decided I'll give it a go with Purity_grouper_ota_2014-06-07.zip and pa_gapps-modular-micro-4.4.4-20140923-signed.zip found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2222374

I'll keep you posted on results.

On a nightly CM it didn't work, seems video was broken en all was impossibly slow.

iliass01
2014-09-28, 07:28
BeNe, can you link the ROM you've used in multiboot (Originela roms are .tgz files with install scripts. I guess I'll need a .zip with the image in it for multiboot / twrp)

I guess that you want a Nexus 5 stockrom in flashable zip format? Here you go: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=53113072
It is also pre-rooted with busybox installed.

Al3xG
2014-09-29, 10:37
This is my working configuration:

NetHunter installed with Rastakat as base rom without gapps, all as secondary rom with Multirom.
Work flawlessly.

EDIT: USB attacks seems to not work.

i4ni
2014-10-03, 22:33
This is awesome.. Been waiting for something othet than running on linux deploy.
Couple of questions..
I am running stock 4.4.4 with elentalX and xposed framework with a number of modules enabled.
Is this ok to install over or is there any recommendations. Ive read quite a bit through this project and am unclear if i can use this kernel more than anything, and hadnt heard anything about exposed framework yet.

i4ni
2014-10-04, 22:33
Ok I figured it out.. installs its own kernel. Everything seems to be working even with Xposed framework.
Only thing, the webserver button doesn't seem to open the browser. If I open browser manaly and type in 127.0.0.1:8080 it comes up fine.
Also got it to run in xsdl but the iceweisel browaer wont open..
Excellent job this is going to be fun!!

xychix
2014-10-05, 16:50
Purity did work for me on a nexus 7 (2013 no gsm, wifi only) this does tell I linked the wrong image earlier one. I needed a flo image.
However I can't get HID trics working. I'll rebuild the whole setup with a google stock rom If i can find one for multiboot.

The one posted before was for nexus 5 :) thanks for the link anyway.

xychix
2014-10-05, 16:51
This is my working configuration:

NetHunter installed with Rastakat as base rom without gapps, all as secondary rom with Multirom.
Work flawlessly.

does USB HID emulation work?

Al3xG
2014-10-07, 14:04
does USB HID emulation work?

Nope, unfortunately all USB related attacks don't work, windows machines keep requesting drivers for a "Nexus 7" device.

Someone managed to have a full working NetHunter install with a non-stock rom as base?
I'm on Nexus 7 2012.

Cubuss
2014-10-12, 18:54
Im using CleanRom 3.8.0 (4.4.4)
Problem is it crashes often with the internal wifi,