PDA

View Full Version : Noobish question

mathaetaes
2014-09-24, 23:11
I'm very new to Android, but happen to have a Nexus 7 and would love to install Nethunter and play around a bit. I would also like to keep the existing capability that I have on my tablet (all the apps, books, games, etc).

How does that work? If I install Nethunter on my tablet, will I be able to reconnect to my google store account and gain access to all the apps/books i've purchased? Does Nethunter affect the compatibility of other apps?

Finally - can anyone recommend a good migration guide? I'm looking for a reasonably easy way to backup data (and apps, if possible), migrate to Nethunter, then restore the data while keeping the new OS.

Worst case, I can buy a second tablet for Nethunter, but if I can save myself $300, that would be a plus.

Thanks in advance!

muts
2014-09-25, 23:21
> If I install Nethunter on my tablet, will I be able to reconnect to my google store account and gain access to all the apps/books i've purchased? Does Nethunter affect the compatibility of other apps?
yes
> Finally - can anyone recommend a good migration guide? I'm looking for a reasonably easy way to backup data
check the TWRP app, whick makes backing up your phone a breeze.

photonicgeek
2014-09-26, 00:32
I made a thing that might help! It lets you boot between multiple OSs on the Nexus 7 and Nexus 5. You can find my thread here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=52643892#post52643892