PDA

View Full Version : MANA Issue

xaxaxa
2014-09-26, 14:37
Hi,

Tested MANA and it is working properly. The only issue is that I do not know where the credentials are saved.

Thank you

muts
2014-09-27, 14:48
The NetHunter web panel MANA page states the path - /var/lib/mana-toolkit in the kali chroot.

freewifi
2014-10-01, 11:00
I'm struggling to get MANA working, I have both an Atheros based TP Link card (which works fine with Nethunter in other tests) and an Alfa card (ditto works fine).

I cannot get MANA to work though, do the other DNS and HOSTAP services need to be started first? I presume I should have my wlan0 associated with a real AP first (for upstream) ?

I've spent considerable time playing with this and trying different options, can someone please guide me?

xaxaxa
2014-10-01, 11:42
I'm struggling to get MANA working, I have both an Atheros based TP Link card (which works fine with Nethunter in other tests) and an Alfa card (ditto works fine).

I cannot get MANA to work though, do the other DNS and HOSTAP services need to be started first? I presume I should have my wlan0 associated with a real AP first (for upstream) ?

I've spent considerable time playing with this and trying different options, can someone please guide me?

Hi,

I am making a bash script for the MANA since I saw that are some issues with it.
Hopefully I will finish this week due my busy schedule :(

muts
2014-10-01, 11:55
Hi xaxaxa!

Best to report these issue upstream in our github page, so that they are fixed in our source images rather than external scripts.

Thanks!

xaxaxa
2014-10-01, 12:48
@muts,

Yep I will do that but first I will make some tests so I can cover everything and provide a proper issue report.

DarkPringles
2014-10-02, 11:07
What kind of preparations are need to be taken to run MANA successful except from connecting another WIFI card (ALFA AWUS036H in my case)? Run services?

DarkPringles
2014-10-02, 11:33
i get an error while starting "start-nat-full.sh" driver could not load. I replaced the driver in the hostapd-karma.conf but the driver is now unknown. Anyone can help me ?

freewifi
2014-10-02, 14:49
Ok, so I have mana working now :D

From memory:
First, I updated to the latest NH
Second, I noticed that the first option on the MANA menu (hostap I think) had the wrong interface listed, I swapped that to wlan1 one and sheboopy - my very friendly AP is up and running.

freewifi
2014-10-02, 18:46
After I posted that I had major problems getting it to work again. Eventually I tracked down the scripts being used.

The dhcpcd script was always binding to wlan0 even though in the web interface I specificed wlan1 - so I just manually changed it.

The start-nat-full.sh script was failing because it didn't like something in the config file. It turns out the config is _extremely_ whitespace sensitive and it seems that web-interface changes can b0rk it quite easily.
Also the invocation of read was wrong. Read expects some variables to write into, I gave it some then it was happy and MANA is working. Yay.

I killed a bunch of newlines and tidied the file up, now the script seems to run fairly reliably but I decided to just copy the script locally and run it from there.

DarkPringles
2014-10-02, 23:18
@freewifi
i can confirm your findings...i will do the same as you discribe to get MANA working.

Phobic81
2014-10-19, 19:04
Originally had working with TP link as wlan1. Started broadcasting SSID i. Two days later, picked up the tablet (same TP link up) and mana start highlights (like it's running) but SSID not broadcasting (made sure enabled wlan1 and flushed iptables). Wondering if it's buggy on the web server app.(toggled between both wlan0 and 1, and upstream connection seems to drop, so it seems to work reversing wlan) Drivers? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

kc_boom
2014-10-21, 10:04
@freewifi i can also confirm this. Following your instructions everything is workign great. Does anyoen notice how effective mana is against PC's? I had tagets swicthing to my AP automatically... thanks!

Jamborloi
2014-12-05, 14:38
Hi,

Tested MANA and it is working properly. The only issue is that I do not know where the credentials are saved.

Thank you

While you are in the process of MANA (./start-nat-full.sh) you can try to "tail -f /var/lib/mana-toolkit/sslstrip.log | egrep '(Post Data|&passw|&Passw|&usern|&Usern|&email)'"

jonathanxx1
2014-12-18, 15:36
The problem that i have with Mana is that when someone or usually myself(for testing) connect to the fake access point and go on the net on chrome and internet explorer the access to mostly all the webpages is blocked because of unsecure connection "saying that someone is spying on you " or something like that.
Is there a way to avoid that while creating the access point in mana?
Thanks.

osamaeshmilh
2015-01-23, 08:24
The problem that i have with Mana is that when someone or usually myself(for testing) connect to the fake access point and go on the net on chrome and internet explorer the access to mostly all the webpages is blocked because of unsecure connection "saying that someone is spying on you " or something like that.
Is there a way to avoid that while creating the access point in mana?
Thanks.

i have the same issue any one can help ??

singe
2015-04-13, 12:23
Hi freewifi, it's strange that it would bind to wlan0 the whole time, the start-*.sh scripts specifically have the interface used for DHCP defined as a variable. Please post your fixes to https://github.com/sensepost/mana/ so we can integrate them for others?