PDA

View Full Version : installing alfa adapter, kali wont run executable from CD

zandt204
2013-04-16, 14:11
I have the AWUS036H adapter which I've used before with no problems. I've converted my spare laptop to run kali, and instantly I have this problem where it refuses to run the autorun.exe from the cd. I need to install the adapter for wifi access in order to download the correct drive info for the internal wifi the laptop came with, and I have no wired connection available. How can I run the exe file to get it to install?

I've tried taking the 036H tar.gz file from the cd but I can't seem to get that to open (I do the tar -zx... command and it doesn't open it. Is there another command I'm supposed to do instead?)

Any help is appreciated - Z

Dosk3n
2013-04-24, 08:28
linux wont run windows executable files (exe files).

I have the same adapter and it is running fine from start up. Is it not showing in iwconfig at all?

Lordx19
2013-04-24, 12:23
All Alfa things are supposed to work out of the box in Linux. I use the 36h and it works perfect and my NHR works (hardly, known issues). Can you see it? Type lsusb and find it. Maybe you just need to bring the interface up by issuing wlan1 up or wlan2 up. After that it should turn on with the green light.

maverik35
2013-04-24, 21:55
It works right out of the box, my friend.

vonderaelic
2013-07-20, 15:14
go home... just go home

maverik35
2013-07-22, 16:54
I have the AWUS036H adapter which I've used before with no problems. I've converted my spare laptop to run kali, and instantly I have this problem where it refuses to run the autorun.exe from the cd. I need to install the adapter for wifi access in order to download the correct drive info for the internal wifi the laptop came with, and I have no wired connection available. How can I run the exe file to get it to install?

I've tried taking the 036H tar.gz file from the cd but I can't seem to get that to open (I do the tar -zx... command and it doesn't open it. Is there another command I'm supposed to do instead?)

Any help is appreciated - Z

You need to be respectfull to the Kali and linux community, you have lots of Windows forums to get help. This forum is for Kali Linux.

Good luck.