PDA

View Full Version : Installation stuck on step 6

bzupnick
2014-10-03, 17:39
On my computer I see a dialog box that says "Waiting for the Kali Linux installation to complete and for your device to boot back up..." but my device seems to have booted to Team Win Recovery Project and waiting for something on my end...what am I supposed to do?

muts
2014-10-04, 08:57
You can start by being a bit more descriptive :) What device? What installer versions? What NetHunter version? How did you install NetHunter on your device to begin with?

hoanhdo
2014-10-08, 09:15
@bzupnick

This is also my problem when use nethunter window installer.
My device is nexus 4. Window installer 1.0.9. Net Hunter ver 1.0.2.
At the first time , I used google root toolkit and guide in link http://nethunter.com/install/

Thanks

skycrazy
2014-10-08, 11:00
Is nexus 4 fully supported yet? I was under the impression it was still being tested and not supported yet!

hoanhdo
2014-10-08, 14:55
Nexus 4 not fully supported yet. "We currently have a Nexus4 experimental image" in http://www.offensive-security.com/kali-linux-nethunter-download/
But I want to test and failed :)

Lively
2014-11-12, 17:48
Hello! Today i installed nethunter on my tablet and found one problem: if the installation path to the program (nethunter windows installer) has the Cyrillic characters, then in step 5, script is generated with incorrect paths to files, and nothing is firmwared (occur only reboot recovery). I think this should be reported when you install programm (or fix the problem in the new version).

and sorry for my bad english :)

Pupitmiser
2014-11-14, 02:18
On my computer I see a dialog box that says "Waiting for the Kali Linux installation to complete and for your device to boot back up..." but my device seems to have booted to Team Win Recovery Project and waiting for something on my end...what am I supposed to do?

Hey bzupnick, I had the same issue. The reason it's hanging is because in the script that the devs setup, there was a second adb.exe started when the last one had not ended. Go ahead and simply end the duplicate 'adb.exe' process from the Task Manager by clicking the 'Details' tab, right-clicking it, and selecting 'End task'. The way you will recognize the correct 'adb.exe' to end is by looking at its memory usage. The old task will be using less RAM (around 500 KB) and the new task will be running more (1,200 KB). Once the duplicate process is ended, the installation will pick up where it left off. Really, you're not missing much though. Here are the screenshots of what you'll see in both windows: