PDA

View Full Version : ?? Problem black screen after booting, cannot log to login window

Ton
2014-10-14, 01:29

the system cannot logged as ususal, it just appear tty screen with root and password
this kali linux 32 bit, had a problem after installation of gnome tweak tool, try to restart the system of computer and it has a weird language, like restart, shutdown, suspend and cancel it just like a weird symbol language.

before installing gnome tweak tool, i have more dependencies problem;
such a, google chrome dependencies, girl1.2 gnome dependencies and much more
then try to update, update install, upgrade untill the tweak tool installation is succesfull
and made it, but then i open the gnome tweak tool its not showing anything, my opinion
if i restart the system maybe the application run.
After done restarting im doomed, my desktop is gone and just showing a terminal command

all i want is to get it back, save my internet files and living data then format it, reinstall my kali

hope someone can help me out here, ive been at it for HOURS.

Best regards. :confused:

repzeroworld
2014-10-14, 10:29

the system cannot logged as ususal, it just appear tty screen with root and password
this kali linux 32 bit, had a problem after installation of gnome tweak tool, try to restart the system of computer and it has a weird language, like restart, shutdown, suspend and cancel it just like a weird symbol language.

before installing gnome tweak tool, i have more dependencies problem;
such a, google chrome dependencies, girl1.2 gnome dependencies and much more
then try to update, update install, upgrade untill the tweak tool installation is succesfull
and made it, but then i open the gnome tweak tool its not showing anything, my opinion
if i restart the system maybe the application run.
After done restarting im doomed, my desktop is gone and just showing a terminal command

all i want is to get it back, save my internet files and living data then format it, reinstall my kali

hope someone can help me out here, ive been at it for HOURS.

Best regards. :confused:

Seems like the system is corrupted.any updates or upgrades you did recently from repositories other than kali?..if you are dual booting linux and windows operating system, you might want to download and install "Ext2fsd" software in Microsoft Windows. this little program is handy in letting you access any linux system hard drive remotely from windows...copy your files from linux and back them up on your Windows OS the do a re-installation of kali linux.

Ton
2014-10-15, 12:15
no need ext2fsd if you want to copy your file, just get a bootable kali on your flashdrive and select live mode. All that mean is how to access it back