PDA

View Full Version : Is it allowed to share a custom built ISO?

nullxerror
2013-03-16, 14:52
I made a custom built ISO. Kali Linux with i3wm. Before I spread it on the net I want to be on the right side. That's why I am asking. Is it allowed to share custom built ISO's?

ariestiyansyah
2013-03-17, 09:24
Hey nullxerror Ideally, you should build your custom Kali ISO from within a pre-existing Kali environment. and according to License of Debian and Opensource i think you can distribute your custom ISO. but remember the license and originial author ^_^

Thanks , CMIIW

FuGu
2013-03-17, 09:42
https://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&q=debian

About 84,300,000 results (0.15 seconds)
Search Results

Debian -- The Universal Operating System
www.debian.org/
Official site. One of the most important distributions, uses only Free Software as defined by FSF. Descriptions (Social Contract, partners, donations), news, ...
Getting Debian - Debian on CDs - Packages - Releases

Debian Live - Live Debian Systems!
live.debian.net/
The Debian Live project produces the tools used to build official Debian Live systems and the official Debian Live images themselves.

To "The" Team i have just 3 little words :-
Well fcUK'n Done ;)

nullxerror
2013-03-18, 13:58
Thank you for your replies. Since I recently had a convo on twitter with a member of the Kali team I won't share my built ISO. I respect the answer of the member "Generally, we don't like unofficial releases - harder to support when something goes wrong.". Even though I would be allowed to share it, I won't. Thanks again!