PDA

View Full Version : Tool to visualize WiFi network activity

john99
2014-11-24, 17:11
Hello

i would like to visualize WiFi network activity of an associated WiFi user.
(E.g. how many mb traffic did a certain client generate per hour, per day,
per week, per month)

Is there such a tool available ?

Thank you very much!

John

PS
I am aware that the tool log2timeline could probably extract data from the
airodump.out trace file, but visualizing things are not that easy...

rastamouse
2014-11-24, 18:12
Not that I know of john99, there's airgraph but it's more about visualising associations / relationships rather than statistical analysis. You could always write and release your own extension for the added functionality :p

john99
2014-12-13, 08:44
Not that I know of john99, there's airgraph but it's more about visualising associations / relationships rather than statistical analysis. You could always write and release your own extension for the added functionality :p
Thank's rastamouse for the feedback. Airgraph is probably not the tool of choice for that task. DeepSee from Solera was cool, but DeepSee unfortunaltey was sold to BlueCoat :-(

John

PS
The big **** is that i erased my eva-version of DeepSee :-(

Edit:
Swearing

rastamouse
2014-12-13, 22:20
If you log data with airodump, you could look into how products like kippo-graph work. They utilise PHP graph libraries to produce visual representations of the raw data.

blackMORE
2014-12-14, 13:54
If you have access to the wireless router, you might be able to use SNMP to monitor a particular node using opennms/cacti/nagios or similar tools.

Some wireless routers got built in functionality for such purposes.

But if you're trying to just monitor a node without having any access to the router, I'm not sure how accurately that can be done. I'll be interested to know if any such tool exists.