PDA

View Full Version : Raspberrt PI + Kali coonectet to 7"LCD through Composite port

Tzionlevy
2014-12-07, 11:21
Good day you all :cool:

I will start and say, I searched all over the internet and also in this forum, after a lots of tries (more then a week :mad:) I decided to post here for desperate Help.

I have installed Kali on my Raspberry Pi. - Downloaded the .xz file (kali-1.0.9-rpi.img.xz (2.1 gb)), extracted with 7zip, Formatted the SD card, wrote using Win32 Diskimage and booted up.
My configuration is raspberryPI connected to 7" lcd screen at the composite port.
(the only connection I got in the screen)

the resolution I get in the display setting is 656X416 and I cannot change it!!! I don't have /boot/config.txt. even when i tried to create one and changed the vcgencmd get_config framebuffer_wide 800 and vcgencmd get_config framebuffer_hight 600 nothing happened.
(BTW when I boot the rasPI in hdmi port to LCD TV I get excellent resolution - 1920x1080 )

( Needless to say that such a resolution (656X416) it is almost impossible to see anything and in particular the terninal.
So for a settings changes I connect the PI to hdmi or uses remote terminal via ssh)

I will appreciate any help!!!

steev
2014-12-10, 04:02
Good day you all :cool:

I will start and say, I searched all over the internet and also in this forum, after a lots of tries (more then a week :mad:) I decided to post here for desperate Help.

I have installed Kali on my Raspberry Pi. - Downloaded the .xz file (kali-1.0.9-rpi.img.xz (2.1 gb)), extracted with 7zip, Formatted the SD card, wrote using Win32 Diskimage and booted up.
My configuration is raspberryPI connected to 7" lcd screen at the composite port.
(the only connection I got in the screen)

the resolution I get in the display setting is 656X416 and I cannot change it!!! I don't have /boot/config.txt. even when i tried to create one and changed the vcgencmd get_config framebuffer_wide 800 and vcgencmd get_config framebuffer_hight 600 nothing happened.
(BTW when I boot the rasPI in hdmi port to LCD TV I get excellent resolution - 1920x1080 )

( Needless to say that such a resolution (656X416) it is almost impossible to see anything and in particular the terninal.
So for a settings changes I connect the PI to hdmi or uses remote terminal via ssh)

I will appreciate any help!!!

I don't have any composite devices to test with, but something seems off..

When you create the config.txt file, you should simply be adding the lines in there one entry per line, like so:

framebuffer_wide=800
framebuffer_height=600

Running the command with get_config would seem to only *read* the configuration, not set it.

I was reading through http://elinux.org/RPiconfig and saw this - you may want to add this, instead of the two lines above, and see if that helps. Just put this line into /boot/config.txt and reboot the rpi

overscan_scale=1