PDA

View Full Version : nethunter or regular kali

redhern
2014-12-14, 21:05
I have a tablet that I'm considering installing either the regular Kali Linux distro or the new NetHunter on.

Given the option to install either one, what are the benefits of one over the other?

photonicgeek
2014-12-15, 10:35
Kali is standard Kali Linux.
NetHunter is Kali linux with a LOT of added features. External wifi, HID mode, and a bunch more.

And we're working on making other stuff too!

beloadjoker
2014-12-15, 15:46
Kali is standard Kali Linux.
NetHunter is Kali linux with a LOT of added features. External wifi, HID mode, and a bunch more.

And we're working on making other stuff too!

Other stuff? I'm curious :D what would the new fuctions? :) :P
/sorry for my bad eng/

photonicgeek
2014-12-15, 23:46
(You know english a lot better than some people who LIVE in the US! :P )
Well, there is a utility I am working on where you can plug the your device into another device and pull off any sensitive data including passwords, app data, pictures, SD card files and such.
You can create a fake hotspot that routes all data through your device, allowing you to capture any data transmitted
Plug the Nexus into a computer and run scripts on the host machine without having to touch the computer
Etc... I could go on for a while!

C1M7
2014-12-16, 15:13
Go with nethunter, if you install straight up kali on your tablet it will run slow.... Trust me 😉. What is not made very clear on the read me but is one of the best features is that you can have a full kali desktop. There's an option in the kali menu from the terminal (which is set up when you install nethunter and you can access easily from the nethunter android app) to start a vnc server session. Then you use an app like real vnc or whatever your preference is to have a full kali desktop. There are not very many tools to start but just use apt-get install to install whatever tools you want and you can use them just like you would in kali.

It is still buggy, hence the beta tag, but it is very manageable and for the most part runs smooth. Hope this helps in your deviation making.

photonicgeek
2014-12-18, 14:00
Nope. You need the special kernel, which was built only for NetHunter.