PDA

View Full Version : LG G2 - basically the same hardware as the Nexus 5, can Nethunter be workable?

br0adband
2015-01-07, 15:18
I know the Nexus 5 and the LG G2 are basically "kissin' cousins" in terms of hardware since LG manufactured both devices; they share the same Snapdragon 800 SoC and other aspects.

The question is: can Nethunter's installer be used in some roundabout way to get it installed and functional on the G2? Custom ROMs and whatever aren't a big hassle on the G2 since there's no concern about the bootloader for the most part, seems like this should be a relatively easy thing to accomplish but you folks are far more knowledgeable about such things than I am.

I had a Nexus 4 recently and Nethunter worked great for the limited time I owned that device, now that I've moved on to far far better device overall (the G2) I'd like to see about potentially making it even more useful with Nethunter.

Any info and advice is greatly appreciated, thanks...

ps
I can't do a search for the LG G2 because those search terms are too short (2 letters each) - sometimes I wish forums would take such things into account that some products and whatever happen to only use 2 letter names.

khanfar
2015-01-08, 15:10
nethunter based to work in nexus devices and under kitkat 4.4.4