PDA

View Full Version : Error creating a Custom Image for Raspberry Pi

Wazabee
2015-01-09, 20:35
I'm trying to build a custom image for my Raspberry Pi. I've got my arm-stuff folder following theese instructions
http://docs.kali.org/armel-armhf/kali-linux-arm-chroot
All seems to be ok, but when I try to build the img file with dd, cannot write it...

root@kali:~/arm-stuff/images# dd if=/dev/zero of=kali-custom-rpi.img bs=1MB count=5000
dd: writing 'kali-custom-rpi.img': No space left on device
13+0 records in
12+0 records out
12935168 bytes (13 MB) copied, 1.54371 s, 8.4 MB/s
root@kali:~/arm-stuff/images#

After that anything works...I'm following the specific instructions of kali-book to build an image for the rspberry pi and I'm using an sd with 64Gb...don't know what I'm doing wrong...

g0tmi1k
2015-01-10, 08:32
root@kali:~/arm-stuff/images# dd if=/dev/zero of=kali-custom-rpi.img bs=1MB count=5000
dd: writing 'kali-custom-rpi.img': No space left on device

I suggest that you double check your DD command. It doesn't look like your writing to your SD card, which is why you are running out of space...

Wazabee
2015-01-10, 10:26
Thanks for the answer g0tmi1k, but I really don't understand, maybe because I don't understand what I'm doing with the DD command. When I run DD, I get a file called kali-custom-rpi.img on the "images" folder, and there is where it has to be written. But don't wants to work. When you say that I have to double check my DD command, what do you mean...? Do you mean that I have tochange "/dev/zero/" for the drive where is mounted the sd card? I've run a fdisk -l and my SD card is on "mcblk0". Maybe the DDcommsnd it has to be "dd if=/dev/mcblk0 of=kali-custom-rpi.img bs=1MB count=5000" . I'm really noob with that and don't understand so many things...