PDA

View Full Version : Nethunter update

Kroppand
2015-01-11, 16:06
Guys,

What is the most optimal way to update NetHunter binaries? I found Kali binaries oudated and again v1.10 is issued, so what do you do to keep it up-to-date?

jonathanxx1
2015-01-11, 16:08
In the kali launcher there is the update kali chroot, but i guess you could do the same by launching a kali shell and typing sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade.

Kroppand
2015-01-11, 16:13
In the kali launcher there is the update kali chroot, but i guess you could do the same by launching a kali shell and typing sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade.

you are right, apt-get works fine. But that's exactly what I found that bootkali is outdated - when I compared mine and on github they are completely different. Apt-get does not fetch NetHunter binaries.

ping
2015-01-11, 19:49
guys using apt-get update only updates kali not nethunter it self, if you want to update nethunter you have to re flash it.

jonathanxx1
2015-01-11, 20:09
guys using apt-get update only updates kali not nethunter it self, if you want to update nethunter you have to re flash it.
Your right but other than if you compile it yourself all you can do between official Nethunter release is keeping kali updated .

Kroppand
2015-01-12, 06:21
Not the best option though. That way I upgraded to v1.10 - I used TWRP to install NetHunter from .zip. However I lost all customizations, OpenVAS etc. That's why I look for alternatives.

skycrazy
2015-01-12, 09:52
Flashed v1.10 have 1.02 and 1.10 on nexus now :-/ oh well

mirceap
2015-06-26, 11:57

I have Nethunter on a Nexus 7 device. When I try to use apt-get in kali terminal I get an error.

"tmp-mksh: apt-get not found"

How do I install apt-get on Nethunter?
Thanks