PDA

View Full Version : Kernel Headers for Nethunter (Nexus 5 4.4.4)

Kingatmos
2015-02-18, 01:07
Trying to figure out how to use apt-get or aptitude to download the kernel headers for Nethunter so I can build a driver for my usb, WUSB6300. My device uses the rtl8812 driver, I have successfully built the driver for Kali, yet whenever I aptitude -r install linux-headers-$(uname -r) from a Kali rootfs shell or VNC session I get a linux-headers-3.4.95-furnace-1.3.6 error saying no package with that name found.

binkybear
2015-02-20, 03:27
Drivers have to be built for Android kernel so updating linux-headers will not work. If you are interested in building kernels, then you could use this repository: https://github.com/binkybear/furnace_kernel_lge_hammerhead. It's a bit of learning though if you've never made a kernel before.

discipuloosho
2015-02-25, 17:55
Kernel Headers files must be built by hand. After compile kernel you must do:

user@yourcomputer:~/YOUR_KERNEL_SOURCE#make headers_install CROSS_COMPILE=$path-your-cross-compiler ARCH=arm SUBARCH=arm INSTALL_HDR_PATH=$local-folder/

after adb push $local-folder/include/* into /data/local/kali-armhf/usr/src/linux-headers-$(uname -r)/include/

discipuloosho
2015-02-27, 02:52
Kernel Headers files must be built by hand. After compile kernel you must do:

user@yourcomputer:~/YOUR_KERNEL_SOURCE#make headers_install CROSS_COMPILE=$path-your-cross-compiler ARCH=arm SUBARCH=arm INSTALL_HDR_PATH=$local-folder/

after adb push $local-folder/include/* into /data/local/kali-armhf/usr/src/linux-headers-$(uname -r)/include/
+++++++++++++++Edit++++++++++++++++
Because kernel has load/unload modules support, perhaps you can buit it as module. ok
++++++edit again ++++++
perhaps you could have problems with SELinux.

Boeli
2015-04-08, 23:17
Try photonicgeek kernel for you phone
You need to reinstall busybox and supersu and nethunter
You might need to ad a sysbolic link to your nethunter setup.
ls -s /system/etc/firmware /etc/firmware
and bring wlan1 up (as super user (su command in terminal) in the android terminal not kali terminal).
Reboot phone and start nethunter should then work.