PDA

View Full Version : Problem with DriveDroid

Quraysh
2015-03-09, 17:57
Hello everyone!

I tried to go in the app DriveDroid but the app showed me this message :
"They are no images in your image-directory. Please download an image with the download button.
You can also manually download images (like .iso or .img) and place them in the following directory:

/storage/emulated/0/Download/Images"

I have tried to access to the .iso for Kali Linux but there was not the image for NetHunter, please could you help me?

stinkybit
2015-03-10, 09:37
I have tried to access to the .iso for Kali Linux but there was not the image for NetHunter, please could you help me?

You probably got the whole idea of DriveDroid wrong. It is just used to boot a pc from an image which is located on your phone. So there is no need for a special Nethunter image.

Quraysh
2015-03-10, 18:23
Yeah, I had a misunderstanding, thank you!

stinkybit
2015-03-11, 05:33
Maybe Multirom is what you are looking for :)

Quraysh
2015-03-11, 06:01
In fact I tried to bypass my own computer with Konboot but it still doesn't work, even if I took the iso from the tutorial of the forum (in the How to) :/

skycrazy
2015-03-11, 09:21
Try mtp on/off debugging on/off ptp on/off i found some times different computers working with different combinations or just one on working. Worth a shot. Hope it helps.

stinkybit
2015-03-11, 09:26
In fact I tried to bypass my own computer with Konboot but it still doesn't work, even if I took the iso from the tutorial of the forum (in the How to) :/

Ah, OK. Yes, it's quite tricky... I played around a lot with the Kernel (USB-Settings -> USB System), the USB-Mode and using a virtual USB or CD drive until it worked for me.
I use an older Version of Konboot's USB Image file - the ISO made problems due to its small file size (you might try drivedroid.img from the configuration wizard first, which is way better for testing).
And there are also PCs that won't properly boot from Drivedroid or the images provided (Neither my 2010 Macbook Pro nor my Lenovo 440s do).
If your PC doesn't boot from the image, you might take a look into the BIOS/EFI and see if it recognizes your device.

Quraysh
2015-03-11, 12:34
I tried with the img of Drivedroid and it works.
But when I try with the iso of Konboot, I don't find my phone in the BIOS, even if I resized the iso to 4 MB...
Do you think that I should try another version ?

Quraysh
2015-03-11, 16:28
I tried to reboot my computer with the img of Drivedroid and it works, but when I try with the iso (that I have downloaded from the tutorial), it doesn't work and my computer say that the USB is damaged where I could open the img of Drivedroid.
I think that the problem is from the iso (that I have resized), I don't know really what I have to do...

FrozenCow
2015-03-11, 21:52
If you go through the USB Setup Wizard you can easily check what part of the process is not working. It'll check using drivedroid.img.
Apart from that, konboot images can be rather small and often the kernel cannot cope with this size (it's smaller than one block). If you resize it to be 4MB or more it should be fine.

stinkybit
2015-03-12, 08:50
I tried to reboot my computer with the img of Drivedroid and it works, but when I try with the iso (that I have downloaded from the tutorial), it doesn't work and my computer say that the USB is damaged where I could open the img of Drivedroid.
I think that the problem is from the iso (that I have resized), I don't know really what I have to do...

I use a ZIP-File from Version 2.2, which is freeware for personal use and can be found in the web. It contains an .img- and an .iso-file. The .img did the job for me without resizing or anything (depending on the PC as mentioned above).
Don't get bothered if windows considers the usb drive as being broken. It might be just a filesystem or partition table, windows can't read (same here) but your PC might boot from it anyway.